CHAPTER 18

WARNING: Slightly disturbing content ahead. Read at your own risk.

Pallavi's POV:

Nikki's phone was ringing constantly for a while. When I checked the caller ID , it was Rohan. I called her from kitchen and handed over the phone.

Then I was back to my same spot again, thinking about him. All those events are coming to my mind; everything that I was trying to forget during these five years are knocking my mind now.

I still remember that dreadful day when I went to see Raghav so that I could inform him about bhai's arrival.

That day I didn't informed him about my visit and told him that I am going out with Divya. Jatin was out of town and he had given me his spare key, already . I just wanted to give him a surprise and as I silently entered his home , I heard a female voice coming from Raghav's bedroom.

I became curious  and listened to their conversation. She was laughing hardly while Raghav remained silent. I couldn't see her face.

"Really Raghav she is such a fool. She really thought that Raghav Rao can fall for her; for that third class Pallavi?"

What's happening? Who is she? Why is he not saying anything after hearing all these nonsense?

"She is too dumb Raghav. You know right, how all these middle class girls are behind rich boys like you so that they could enjoy themselves for a while. But you are too smart I must say. You really made her believe that you love her. Ahh... what a fool she is ! She doesn't even know that she is nothing but just a flavor of  the month; A toy so that my Raghu can have some good time , playing with her."

What? He was just enjoying himself all this while? He considers me as nothing but just a time pass? No no, my Raghav can't do something like this. He loves me so much. He can't hurt me. But who is this girl? And who is she to him?

I was beyond shocked to respond and I failed to notice them coming out of the room. The face I saw  then left me speechless.

It was Raghav coming out , followed by. . . Esha!!!

Esha and Raghav? What's going on?

It was Raghav who first noticed me, followed by Esha. He was shocked when he saw my face but soon his face turned hard.

Esha too became shocked but that shock got replaced by anger.

"You bitch! Don't you have manners ? You were listening to us all these while?

I didn't had the state of mind to answer her back. I just wanted to talk with Raghav. I just wanted to hear from him that she was just bluffing and that he really really loves me; only me. I ignored Esha and ran towards Raghav who stood there with an emotionless face. 

He didn't reacted even after he heard her, calling me bitch?

"Raghav. What's happening? She is going on and on with all those rubbish talks and you are hearing her out, just like that? Why are you not reacting? Please say something Raghav! Say that she is wrong and you really loves me."

"I am wrong? Really? Raghav just correct her na? She is having a huge misunderstanding considering herself  as Raghav Rao's lady love"

"Please, please Raghav. Say something. She is wrong. Right? Yes, she is wrong!" I was literally begging in front of him, forgetting Esha's presence.

"Pallavi. She is right!" he spoke with an emotionless face making me stunned!

"See, if you consider our relationship as something that's gonna be a life long commitment, then you are clearly mistaken. Like you really believe in something like love? Who are we? Some romantic fictional characters? We are just living our life Pallavi; and then why can't we have some good time. You really thought that we are going to be like this till the end?"