"Why are you smiling at me like that?" I only looked at him, not reciprocating the smile.

He didn't reply. He just stared. Like always.

"You're just so beautiful," He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and I clenched my jaw tight. Only Lorenzo does that, only he can do that. "Aren't you?" I only gave him a quick and fake smile to that, my eyes now glancing around instead.

"You're too sweet, Elijah." I grazed my hand over his thigh to show him some fake affection but I think he really believed it.

The way his eyes held an innocent gaze faltered before hardening back up, a small smile on his lips that disappeared and he gave me a small nod.

This is the way to play it, fake affection. Let him believe it and when he isn't looking, stab him right where it hurts — metaphorically. I'm not gonna kill him. I'm gonna play with his heart until he falls in love, then at the perfect moment... I'm gonna ruin his life. He can live knowing how pathetic he is, that punishment is worse than death. Facing his pathetic little life, knowing he can't be loved.

I can't wait to ruin you, Elijah Luis.

We went back up, into our room but I had a little surprise for Luis. He'll probably notice the scent of it but he'll be to dumb to realise the genuine reason behind its presence.

Before we came up, I found some lavender in the garden, watching Luis go to the bathroom, I rubbed the lavender on his side of the bed and his pillow; making sure it's enough to send that man into a deep slumber.

Now, I know that isn't going to do much but it's worth a try. Lavender is holds a special kind of power, it's intoxicating smell is enough to call upon slumber.

I don't want to spend another waking minute alone with him. The quicker he sleeps, the better.

"I'm, um..." Luis grabbed his clothes, loosely hanging off his fingers as I eyed him, taking off my jewellery. "...gonna go get changed." I gave him a soft smile, watching him head into the bathroom as I waited for the door to shut.

Quickly, I changed too before he got out. Finding clothes that covered most of my body, I do not want to experience skin on skin touch with him.

He came out the bathroom, seeing me already in bed, he got in too. The bed was big enough to fit two more people in the middle, that's how much of a gap we left.

I observed his body language, he was softer. The assertiveness, the anger, it has dissolved. I've never witnessed this side of him.

"You seem different." I pointed out to him, both of our heads on our pillow, facing each other as we laid down far, far away.

"I guess my family's always had that effect on me." You don't say.

I just gave him a smile in response. "Goodnight, Elijah." Now I know the weak spot, hit it where it hurts.

Elijah's sister better sleep with one eye open, I'm coming for you.

I stopped Elijah walking down the hallway, in the black shorts he slept in, a black vest and his hair messy. He cautiously stepped out into the garden, eyebrows furrowed as he witnessed the scene before him.

Valeria was laughing her ass off, I admit, I am funny. "Oh, Amara," She wiped her eye. "I hope you can take me to one of your fashion events, I've always been intrigued." She smiled brightly before her broody son caught her eye.

"Ma," He wearily came and sat down next to me, his eyes raking the table full of breakfast; fresh fruits, toast — name it and it's there. "The whole of Mexico heard you," He jerked an eyebrow.