Chapter 8 - Screw Up

Draken: Thanks for shouting us today, Yuna.

Mitsuya: It was good to finally meet you.

Yuna: Ah, you too. Sorry for having to leave so suddenly...!

Draken: It's alright. We'll see you again soon. Stay safe.

Hearing you get along so well with his friends, Mikey softly smiles.

Despite not knowing how to get there, Mikey goes out of his way to get you where you need pronto.

Amazed at his navigating skills, you wonder how much time he's spent studying the streets and suburbs.

Yet again, you feel indebted as he doesn't even ask questions.

Mikey: Is it this street here?

Yuna: Yeah. The house is that one there.

As he slows to a stop out the front, a suspiciously expensive-looking vehicle is parked in the driveway.

Without realising it, Mikey feels your arms tense up as you see the car that's so dark it looks like it belongs to the mafia.

Mikey: Do you want me to wait...?

While you hurriedly jump off, Mikey holds his reservations as he looks over the car.

Yuna: No, I'll be okay. Thank you so much for everything, I really enjoyed today. I'm sorry you had to drop me...!

Pushing aside his own concern, he forces a smile as your mind is clearly preoccupied with something much bigger.

Mikey: It's no problem. I had fun. I'll see you later.

Eagerly nodding, you then turn and hurry to the front door.

Knowing it's the right thing to do, Mikey tears himself away and minds his own business.

However, as he's poking back down the street, he notices another car hastily approaching.

Dubiously watching the car as it passes, his eyes widen when he catches a glimpse of the driver.

Looking in his mirrors, Mikey's hunch is confirmed as he watches the car all but skid into the driveway.

To his relief, the appearance quickly puts his mind at ease.

~

Roughly pulling into the street, Wakasa is too focused on pinpointing the address to notice any other surroundings.

Jamming his foot on the brake, he rips up the handbrake and jumps out of the car.

Also recognising the car in front, his jaw clenches up as the adrenaline courses through his body.

~

Letting yourself in, you follow the sound of a commotion down the hall. Met with your younger cousins, they anxiously watch as your Aunty defends her home.

Mei: Yuna! Thank god you're here!

Haruto: Where's Wakasa?!