Chapter 5 - City Lights

Smiley: E-Eh...?

Pah: This guy...

Sitting with wrinkled noses and eyebrows pulled down, they hold their heads in disbelief.

With them unable to put it into words, Mitsuya and Draken also come over to inspect what he's typed.

Mitsuya: Y-You're joking...?

While Draken smacks his face, Mitsuya's eye twitches.

Mikey: What's wrong with it? I said what I was thinking.

Unaware of the ways his words could be misinterpreted, Mikey naively looks pleased with himself.

~

Laying on your bed, you watch as the typing bubble disappears and reappears multiple times.

Not wanting to be caught waiting for his reply, you decide to check a different chat. But the second you stop thinking about it, an incoming call suddenly takes up your screen.

Jolting in fright, you hurriedly point the phone away from you.

In the split three seconds it rings, your mind is sent into overdrive. But before you can decide whether to answer, he hangs up.

Despite being put at ease, when you read the message following shortly after, your body immediately burns up.

Mikey: Sorry - accident ;o
I have something to ask you tomorrow. Goodnight.

With a million scenarios running through your head, you grow queazy from the tension. 

The next morning as you arrive at school, Emma bombards you with her excuse.

Emma: Hey, did you get a follow request from Mikey last night? He wouldn't stop bugging me for your account all afternoon.

Yuna: Oh, yeah, it's fine.

Fairly nervous to see him, you hadn't stopped trying to guess what his question could be.

Having a relatively normal day with Emma, you'd only seen Mikey and Draken once in the corridors when they walked past after lunch. Strangely enough, Mikey didn't mention anything new and only said a friendly hello.

Clearly not being as important as you thought, your mind is put at ease.

Emma: Hey, what're you doing after school?

Yuna: I hadn't really thought about it. Probably just go home—

Emma: Let's hang out then!

By now, you had gotten used to Emma's very forward and slightly bossy requests. In fact, you'd come to really like her bubbly and confident personality.

And so, you found yourself losing track of time as you spent it laughing and messing around with Emma.

Yuna: I better head home. Wakasa might get upset if I'm not back before him.

Emma: You can't go home by yourself at this hour! It's already dark.

Yuna: It's fine, I'll be careful—

Emma: No way! Just give me a sec, I'll call Mikey!

Yuna: What?! No, wait Emma!

Ignoring you, she already has her phone up to her ear.

Emma: Hey, can you come drop Yuna off? Yeah, we're at home. Okay, thanks.

With the call only lasting a few seconds, she turns to you with a chuffed look.