17. Heart to Heart.

Start from the beginning

         After a while, her sobs slowed down and she relaxed against me.  I used my thumb to wipe out my tears which had leaked and pulled Livy back to look at her. 

         “Hey, it’s alright.”  I smiled at her. 

         She returned it but then it was small and scared.  I didn’t know I would become this attached to a human being after all the time in the orphanage, but then I was glad she found me.  I should be very grateful to have a friend like her.

          “What happened, Sylvie?  Talk to me.”  When I hesitated, her face fell.   “Please.”  She croaked. 

          My heart broke further.  It is not that I won’t tell her anything, I was more than ready to share this crazy fucking experience with anyone but then I don’t think she will believe me for one bit.  And the main concern for me as if the ‘gang’ came to know that I have spilled their secrets to an outsider I didn’t know what they would do. 

        As they think that I would have forgotten everything, I couldn’t even accidentally reveal anything to Livy.  It would result in my doom.  Or another kidnapping. 

         But as I looked down at her, I could, not say anything. 

         “I … I honestly couldn’t remember any details.  Um... but I think they… um grabbed me thinking that I was another girl.  But … they treated me well apart from the first few days.  Uh, I was well fed and had my room.  Isn’t that nice?.”  A room to which a handsome nightmare had access. 

         “What?”  A comical look crossed her face.  “They didn’t do anything to you?”  She asked as she bit her nail. 

           I shivered lightly when I thought about the kiss and the caress and the bruising sucked on my neck.  How could I say that he didn’t do anything to me?  He did everything.  He owned my body, my soul, and my whole existence for the whole month, I was there.  But then I couldn’t exactly say that to her.  She would think I went crazy. 

          “No, Livy, they didn’t do anything to me.”  I grabbed her hand away from her mouth, stopped the nervous gesture, and held her palm in my hand.  “They even let me go once they knew I was not the right person.”

         “But why would they do that?”  She asked exasperated.

        I didn’t have an answer to that.  “They just did.  Are you not happy that I am home?”  I made a show of pouting. 

          She just chuckled and held me close.  I returned her embrace and closed my eyes contemplating whether I was happy to be home or not.  

         “I really missed you.”  She mumbled against my ear. 

          “I did too.  I did too.”  A lone tear escaped me as I thought about coming home to this all the time when I stood near the window in my room gazing out at the forest. 

     “Are you sure you’re okay?”  She asked when she pulled back, highly skeptical. 

          “I am totally fine, Livy.”

          “Then why were you depressed for the past few days.”  She countered. 

         It was my turn to wring my fingers in nervousness.  But before I could lie again, she took over for me.

         “What kind of stupid question was that?  Right.  Shit, I know you went through a lot and I am grateful that nothing happened to you.  And you are home alright.  Love you, Sylvie.”

          “Love you more.”

         I couldn’t exactly tell her that I was sad over the fact that I escaped from my kidnapper’s hold. 

          I gave her hand a squeeze and some mischievous look crossed her face.

          “FYI, you looked sexy in that picture, which was why I gave them that.”  She stood in a split second and wiggled her butt at me in a mocking way.  I was right behind her as she ran through the small ass hallway towards the bedroom door, screeching all the way.

         “Why would you do that, to me?”  I yelled as I ran after her but considerably slower because if I wanted to catch her I would have done it sooner.  “At least you gave them the top half of my picture otherwise you would literally end up in the dumpster right about now. “

         She laughed from behind the door which she effectively closed on my face.  “No, I sent the station the full pic of you but I think they chose not to put it as teenagers occasionally read the newspaper and they didn’t want them to be traumatized by your whole dressing sense.”

         “Ass,”  I complained and faked a scream, and as intended Livy tore the door open in a minute.  “Gotcha,”  I said and was on her in a second, tickling her to death, as she screamed for mercy.

…….

ALPHA XANDROS. 

          I was sitting in my office in downtown, unseeing.  Just existing, when something buzzed on my desk, I took my eyes off the blank screen on my computer to press the intercom. 

          “What is it?”  I asked as I heard my assistant’s labored breathing. 

          “Sir, someone is here and is trying to get into your office.”  At the same time, I heard the door rattle.  “I called the security, sir, but he just head-butted every one of them.”

        I was so out of it that I didn’t even hear the commotions outside.  I could hear it even with my human hearing. 

        Who the fuck was testing my patience today?  But whoever he was, he is going to be at the end of my wrath.

         “Let him in,”  I commanded.

        “Are you sure, sir?”  My assistant asked in a timid voice. 

        “Do as I say.”  I snapped and ended the connection. 

        I heard the snick sound of the door being unlocked from the other side.  Good thing it was accessible from both sides with the key because I wasn’t in the mood to get up and greet my uninvited guest. 

        But then, I knew who it was from the subtle scent of testosterone and the annoying feeling I got whenever I was near him.

          “What do you want, Lucas?”  I asked the minute he stepped into my office. 

         He for once was in a shirt which was not fully transparent or unbuttoned halfway through. 

        He had a barely contained snarl on his face as he squared his shoulder, which was not new at all. 

       What was new was how he contained himself without pouncing on me like he did the last few days. 

…..

Vote, Comment, and don’t forget to follow me!

Check out my Instagram for the upcoming chapter’s sneak peek.