From now on, she had to be more careful around her. Because her life hung on her actions. One wrong move and she would lose her life. She sighed, thinking of what was going to happen soon.

Ellen hugged Karra and calmed her down. To learn more information, she had to use her dear friend who was close to the Queen. From every preference, the Queen liked whatever had happened between her and the King.

She must report this to that man.

Just then, two maids burst through the door and looked terrified. Everyone stared at them, confused. One of them fell on their knees, trying to regain her breath.

"What happened?" Macy asked, standing up.

"The castle is being attacked!" the one who was on her feet screamed.

Karra looked at them with shock and Ellen averted her gaze. Karra pushed her friend away gently and stood up. Her only thoughts were on the Queen she served and immediately attempted to leave the room.

"Karra, where are you going!?" Ellen yelled and hold her friend's hand in her grasp. "Do not! You might get hurt!---"

"The Queen..." She muttered and wrenched out of her grip.

She ran from the room, pushing away the scared girls in the process. Ellen tried to retrieve her but to no avail. Even if she was a spy, she had a good relationship with Karra.
.................................................................

Meanwhile, in the royal gardens, the King has not calmed down yet. He looked restless, like a bird's wings as the skies above them rumbled with dark clouds.

"Your Majesty, what is it that is worrying you so much?" Nathaniel asked, concerned.

"He..." The King responded, feeling the air in his lungs escape. "Killed them..."

Nathaniel fell quiet and eyed his King. He never seems so disturbed. However, he connected the pieces and realized that it was about his parents.

"Your Majesty---"

Nathaniel was interrupted by multiple screams from the palace. Both of their head jerked upwards, to the castle.

"Nathaniel..." Xander muttered.

"I cannot leave your side!" Nathaniel replied, moving forward.

But after receiving one sharp glare from his King he hurried towards the castle quickly, leaving Xander alone. For a moment, he forgot all the troubles and walked forward to see what was going on.

It took no more than a few moments. for Nathaniel to come back. He had dread written all over his face and was panting.

Xander turned back as Nathaniel moved toward him.

"Your Majesty!... The castle is under attack!" He said, breathing deeply.

For a moment, the King could not speak. He cursed in his mind, for such a damned day. But he was quick to regain his composure as he pulled his trusted sword, Mistriver, from its scabbard which was tucked carefully in his belt. He had started the habit to keep his sword nearby just in case.

"Gather all guards from all the entrances," He ordered and looked back. "Bring Lestor to me,"

Nathaniel nodded and turned around to leave but the King stopped him.

"Catheline..." he whispered to himself, as he realized in terror.
.........................................................

Back at the Queen's chambers, the Queen had been dull and did not seem to hear the commotion outside. She scanned the pages of her book, turning the pages aimlessly. She looked distracted when she finally heard noises from the outside.