CHAPTER 5: A Hell and a Miracle

◇~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~◇

◇~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~◇Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

As I slay another Titan effortlessly while heading to the vanguard, the thoughts of my family, my past fill my mind. 'Why am I getting such thoughts now...' I think to myself as a flash of Ilse suddenly pops up as I furrow my brows. 'Ilse.. mom..' I think as I continue to slay Titans, a grim expression on my face.

-Flashback-

As I clean my ODM gear from inside the small home, I look out the door to see Ilse being harassed by a older guy. 'That drunk pig.. what is he doing to my older sister...' I think to myself as I set down my stuff and take my blade, concealing it under my long sleeve.

I walk down the steps, approaching Ilse as I begin to hear the conversation. "Cmon missy~ don't you want me to take care of you?~ I could get you out of this dump and take you to the surface," the man said. Ilse scoffed, "The outside? You sure don't look like an outsider. Get out of my sight."

This pissed off the old man as he took out a knife, about to lunge at Ilse, but in a flash you stop the man by taking hold of his wrist. "Huh? What are ya doing kid! Let go! Can't you see I'm dealing with something?" the man said as you looked at him with a poker face. "Back off my sister you fucking pig," you warn as the man laughed, not taking you seriously.

"What is some kid off the streets going to do? Hurt me? Kill me?" the man asked jokingly as he laughed. "Yes," you say which catches the man off guard, but before he could react, you twist his wrist, hearing a loud CRACK as the man jolted in pain and drops the blade, trying to break free from your grip. You don't budge though as you felt a sense of anger come over you.

"Let go you bitch!" the man yelled out in pain as he continued to struggle. You ignored him, being cautious with the man until you heard Ilse call your name. "Y/n.. that's enough.." Ilse said as you look at her. She had a sad expression, but her face quickly turned into one of panic as the man pulled out a hidden knife and goes to try and attack you, but you quickly slit his throat.

You let go of the man's broken wrist as he begins to hold his neck, trying to stop the bleeding in a futil attempt. His struggles cease as his body drops to the floor, a CLANK sound was heard as the knife hit the ground. You just watched the scene,, seeing his death through. His blood splattered all over you. Your face, clothes, hair, it was all covered in blood.

You turn to look at Ilse who had that same sad expression. She wasn't sad for the man's death. Frankly she couldn't give two shits what happened to him. But she felt sadness towards you. Seeing you, covered in blood and being brutal, no ounce of empathy as you watch the man suffer. It terrified her. She doesn't want her younger sister to be like this forever. She wants you to live a normal life, have friends, be free. This was her main motivation to go to the surface. For a better future. A better future for you without the blood, violence, and theft that comes with living in the underground.