CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE:

After Gerard and Mikey drop me off I enter the house to my mom and some man making out on the couch.

"Lila!" She calls after me once I walk towards the kitchen. Hearing the door close I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

All of a sudden the door opens, and I think it's my mom so I don't turn around. When all of a sudden two arms wrap around me, and before I get out of the hold I feel the person put their lips on my neck. I quickly fight my way out of this person's arms.

I turn to see... the man my mother was with. I had a feeling it was him. He looks at me with angry eyes.

"Why did you pull away?" He asks bitterly.

"Because I'm not your property. Fuck off." I say to him. He then grips my arm very hard.

"Listen bitch-"

"Lila!" My mom screeches as she walks in the kitchen. The man drops my arm. I gently rub the area he grabbed me at. What's up with people assaulting me these days?

"Mom he grabbed me!" I yell at her.

"What? No Rob isn't like that at all honey. Have you eaten? I bought us some groceries." She looks like she is trying. She actually isn't intoxicated, but nope never mind she's high. I can see it in her eyes.

"He fucking wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my neck before I had a chance to get out of his arms!" I scream. Why won't she listen to me?

"I didn't touch her Maria." Rob says while looking my mom in the eyes. What the hell?

"I'm done." I run to my bedroom. I get a backpack and put some clothes I'll need for the night. I lock my door. I quickly grab the house phone in my room and dial a number I already know by heart. By this time I already have tears streaming down my face.

"Hello." His voice already seemed to put me at ease.

"F-Frank," I stutter out. My voice sounds like I am crying.

"Lila, is that you? Is everything ok?" He sounds so worried. I shook my head even though he won't see. I take a moment to take a breath and just breathe.

"No....he...my mom....has someone here....and he...." I couldn't finish a thought. My mom was only going to take his side. Why couldn't she even give a little shit about my well-being?

Everything always had to be about her and her happiness.

"Hey, I'm coming to get you, ok? I am leaving the house once I hang up. Pack your things, and everything will be ok. I'll come get you." He says reassuring me.

"I'm afraid to go downstairs. What if he tries to hurt me?" I ask weakly.

"Then I'll knock on the door, and when they open it I'll go straight up to your room. I'll come get you." He promises me. I start to cry. He was really coming to save me. Why is he good to me?

"Lila breathe, just focus on breathing ok?" He sounds so sweet.

"OK." I say.

"I'm coming. Bye lovely." He hangs up the phone.

Not even ten minutes later I hear the door bell ring. I hear shuffling as my mom goes to answer it or Rob. i have no idea who it is. I just hear the voices.

"Hi. I'm Frank, a friend of Lila's, I came to see Lila." I then walk out of my room with my backpack. I walk down the stairs.

"Lila isn't here." Rob seethes at Frank.

"Hey Frank." I say. I'm sure I look beautiful with my eyes all red and puffy.

"Oh look she must of snuck in." Frank says playfully. "You ready?" he asks me softly while looking at me. I notice him walk over to me, and not letting me stay close to Rob.