Almost Lost You (Thomas)

It was a normal day in the glade. Almost too normal, but what could you expect? You lived in a gigantic concrete maze for shuck's sake. Earlier this morning, Thomas and Minho left into the maze again to find a way out of this place. Normally, you weren't worried for them, they went out there everyday and ran the sections, and they were always careful. But today was a little different. You and Thomas had just started dating. Of course you kept it a secret from the rest of the Gladers, only Newt knew about it because he hooked you two up. But when you made it official between you guys, the realization kicked in that someone that really likes you and that you really like back is in there risking his life, knowing that he might not make it back. Still, you focused on your work, picking some strawberries alongside Zart.

******TIME SKIP********

Ten minutes. They have to make it. They're going to make it calm down, breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out. You thought to yourself as Gladers gathered around the entrance of the maze. Newt kept trying to reassure you that nothing was going to happen to them, that they would be fine. He also made sure Gally had a good grip on you so that you wouldn't do anything stupid....

Only four more minutes. They still hadn't arrived back yet. Three minutes passed. One. more. minute. 45 seconds. 30 seconds. That's when you saw something move around the corner. The doors started to close. Thomas and Minho were running. Running is an understatement, they were sprinting. The doors were so close to shutting, but they made it through. Barely, but they made it. Filled with relief, you embraced Thomas in a compassionate hug, which he returned happily. "I almost lost you Thomas." You whispered to him softly.

"You'll never lose me Y/N. I promise." He whispered back sweetly. You broke away from his embrace as he went to get some water from the Homestead. When he was finished drinking you walked up to his room with him so you two could be alone. He walked over to you and leaned down and kissed you. It was unlike anything else. It was passionate, sweet, and full of heart. Things were just getting intense, when out of nowhere, "Hey Thoma-... "

"Seriously Minho!!??!!?! We were kind of in the middle of something here!!" Thomas practically shouts at Minho for interrupting.

"Really Sherlock? I didn't realize you two were busy." Minho replies sarcastically. "I just came in here to ask if you had an extra pencil. Mine broke and I can't find another one..." Thomas hands him a pencil glaring at him the whole time while Minho just smirks. "Now, I'll leave you both to it, while I tell everyone that Y/N finally got with Tommy. It took you guys long enough." and with that he runs off before either of you can stop him.

A/N: First of all, over 200 reads OMG!! It may not seem like much, but I'm happy. Also, is this POV working for you guys? Still kind of new to this imagine/preference writing so let me know if you have any suggestions. Comment, vote, request, follow me and I'll follow you back.

Xox- TMR_PenguinKisses