Chapter 4

"Wow. (Y/n) that was incredible. I hope to be as good as you some day." Said Rin all happy. How could I hate her when she's so nice. That's when I remembered the ninja who fell. We still had a mission to complete. I started to run back but before I could get anywhere, Minato and Obito showed up. "Where are you going (y/n)?" Asked Minato. "The person with the hidden message fell. I tried to grab there hand but they fell before I could pull them up. I should hurry to their location. If I don't, i might be too late." I said as I started to run. I tried a new sensory jutsu. Not as good as the byakugan but it'll work for now. As I spotted the ninja, I also heard the enemy. Before I could do anything though, Minato one-shorted them. Man what an amazing man. I'm glad he became hokage. As we were headed back, I felt a pain. It must be from the overdoing of the jutsus I use. They are pretty strong and take so much chakra for a little 12 year old. I had to rest.

"Hey (y/n) wanna come train with me?" Asked Obito. I nodded. I don't want to see too suspicious. As we were walking, my heart started to throb. It was starting all over. Obito was dragging me to the training field and I couldn't stop the blushing.

Obito's pov-

I grabbed (y/n)'s hand and was pulling her to the training field. I was looking away because of my new found feelings for her and I was hoping to confess. I realized recently that Rin was only admiration and I was happy that someone was paying attention to me. (Y/n) seemed more natural and Rin was the first to point this out.

Flashback-

"So how is your relationship with (y/n) been going." Asked Rin with a smirk. I blushed. "G-Good I guess. I'm embarrassed to admit that I feel that way about her." I said scratching my face. Rin just laughed. "Why not tell her then?" She asked. She was right. I'm going to tell her. I stood up and immediately looked for (y/n).

Back to present-

"I've been meaning to talk to you." I said. "What's that?" Asked (y/n). She looked sho beautiful. Her (h/l) (h/c) was flowing in the wind. But before I could say anything, Bakashi interrupted. "Minato wants us for a mission. It was something about a bridge or something." Said Kakashi. I could see the fear in (y/n)'s face though.

First person pov-
It was Hanabi bridge. It's the mission that Obito changes. Same with Kakashi. I was worried cause I was putting off my training. I was scared. I know I shouldn't be doing that but I did and I can't change that now. I have Obito to save. Even if me life is on the line.

As we were leaving on our mission, Kushina sent us off with a farewell. Obito reminded me of Naruto so much in this instant. I know Kushina wanted a kid like Obito. She got one, Naruto, but she never got to see him grow into a fine shinobi and the seventh hokage.

Recently Kakashi became a jonin and I honestly forgot so I just gave him a charm while Rin gave him a medical box. "That's it?!?" He asked all snooty. "Yes. If you were less snooty recently, then you might have gotten something worth the while." I said all snotty. Finally got a taste of his own medicine. Kakashi was pissed. Rin and Minato were staring awkwardly and Obito was laughing his ass off. Obito, like the anime, didn't have a give and I just smiled. I'll get Kakashi something later. Now Obito will have to too. After all he's gonna live this time.

Minato told us to split up and I tried to keep a close eye on Rin. As I was watching her, we were attacked. I immediately made an earth wall around her. She might ask me why later but that doesn't matter. I was spending all me attention to Rin that I didn't have a decent defense and ended up getting grabbed. 'Crap.'

"(Y/n)!" Yelled Obito. Kakashi was just in awe. As I was being held by the villain, I tried to stay awake long enough to tell them something. "You better not come for me. It's my fault if I die. Don't blame yourself. Protect Rin for me Obito. Okay?" I said before finally being knocked out. I don't remember what happened after for at least 30 minutes.