Ch 1 - Just Another Day In the Office

Sans clicked his pen rapidly in nervousness. Office filled with natural light from the sky, white distorting it in the distance into nothing where the world ended.

That had done nothing to do with his nerves. That was just normal sky to him. It was scarily beautiful in a way, the sky fading from a bright baby blue until it reached perfect nothingness somewhat on the horizon line. Void of anything but white.

What had him worried was the stupidly short notice his boss Asgore had given to come up with blueprints in order to make the office 'more modern.' The plans were overcomplicated and Sans nearly couldn't find a way to even fit in what he wanted.

Not that there were many jobs in the small world, but couldn't the goat give a skeleton a break? He'd only been there a week! Surely there would be more manageable tasks, something simpler than whatever this was.

Sans continued to click the pen.

"can you please stop?" Cross asked politely. "you're giving me a headache."

Sans paused and set the pen down. "sorry."

"You forgot to draw the ledge for the window." Ink appointed out, back seat directing again.

"yeah, yeah." Sans mumbled, reaching for a pencil that rolled out of his reach.

Red chuckled. Sans was quickly becoming his new favorite monster to mess with during work. Always so quick to agitation.

"seriously?" Sans asked, dragging a hand down his face, unamused.

Sans tried to corner the fickle writing tool. Only for it to roll off the edge. Red laughed again.

"c'mon fuck wad." Red mocked. "having performance issues~?"

"Unrad lingo, broski." Fresh muttered as Sans finally snapped and raised his voice. Unfortunately due to everyones ... condition ... Fresh was unable to censer others as he normally could.

"why you-!" Sans started, angry with Red's hijinx.

There was a knock at the door and his Boss came in, surveying the room. Sans noted there was a pile of papers in his hold.

Asgore cleared his bearded throat. "I heard talking ... is anything the matter?"

Sans was the only one in the office. Tools strewn about at random.

Sans picked up the pencil known as Red who exclaimed something lude as he was replaced on the table. The blue stress ball on his desk known as Blue chastised the language. The broken fountain pen dubbed Killer chuckled and mock whispered, "maybe he's getting fired."

Asgore showed no reaction to their bickering. He was waiting for an answer. Growing a bit irritated by his new workers slow response, he glared just a bit. Gesturing for Sans to get on with his reply.

Sans winced. "n-nothing boss. just ... talking to myself." He covered. "helps me work."

Asgore nodded, satisfied for now. "I just came to check on how those new additions are coming along."

"... swimmingly." Sans said, dispassionate.

"Excellent, excellent ..." There was a pause before Asgore looked down his long nose at the small skeleton. "And remember to keep that 'side project' to yourself."

Sans shrunk into his sweater under the gaze. That cold, unforgiving gaze. Side projects referring to the secret meeting room Asgore wanted included.

"y-yes boss." Sans said, trying not to sweat under the gaze of authority.

Asgore was back to smiling, that damned cheerful innocent smile. "As long as we are clear." He left the room with a cheerful, 'dum de dum.'

Sans sagged into the chair with a groan, covering his skull with the crook of his elbow.