Chapter 23: Formulas & Drawings

Start from the beginning

"Here, eat this", I said, sticking one of the rolls in Lucas's mouth while he wasn't paying attention. He gave me a look that said, "What the hell?", but he bit into his cinnamon roll anyway. Mason snatched one out of my hand and had over half of it gone in three bites. I laughed and nibbled at mine.

"You look tired", Lucas said. "Did you sleep well before we pranked you? Did you have another vision?"

"No to both", I replied. "I was up late last night working out the issues with my gift to the pack. I finally finished it."

"That's wonderful!" Lucas exclaimed. "When are going to show the pack?"

"This afternoon", I said. "I need a nap after working on that thing late last night, then waking up not even five hours later to my future child screaming at me to wake up because my beloved boyfriend wanted to pull a prank on me." Lucas gave me a sly look, and Mason said nothing, but continued to ignore us and eat his cinnamon roll.

"You thought it was funny", he said. "You just don't want to admit it." I rolled my eyes in amusement.

"You're so childish", I said. Lucas snickered and grinned.

"But you love me and my childish behaviors", he replied, with a seductive tone. I laughed at his mischief, but I yawned while laughing.

"I'm taking a nap", I declared. "Keep up those pranks Lucas, and I'll extend the no kisses to two hours." Lucas laughed, stood straight up, and saluted me.

"Yes sir!" he said. I laughed hysterically.

"You're such an idiot", I said. "But I love you!" Lucas chuckled and gave me another sly grin.

"I love you too", he replied.

"I'll see you both later", I said, walking back to the bedroom.

"Have a nice nap!" Lucas called.

"Night night!" Mason yelled from the island. I chuckled lightly and closed the bedroom doors. I went through Lucas's clothes until I found a grey shirt that looked comfortable. Stripping down to my boxers, I threw on the grey shirt, that was way too big for me, but I didn't care because it was comfy, and it smelled like Lucas, and I crawled into bed. I closed my eyes and breathed in Lucas's scent, which helped me relax. I fell asleep minutes later to his scent.

Time Skip 90 minutes:

I woke up feeling very refreshed. That nap was exactly what I needed, and now I was ready to show the pack my gift. Deciding to keep wearing Lucas's shirt, not intending to give it back, I put on my jeans from earlier and walked out to the living room. I had to keep myself from crying "Awwwww" when I saw Lucas and Mason. They were at the kitchen island, with crayons, markers, paints, and different colored paper. They looked to be working on something together, as they were huddled up and whispering things. They were so quiet not even my wolf hearing could pick up on what they were saying.

"What are you two up to?" I asked, curiously. Lucas swung his head around to see me.

"Nothing", he said, before quickly going back to the thing they were working on.

"Oh really", I said teasingly. "Then you won't mind me seeing what Mason is coloring right now." I took only one step before Lucas jumped up and shielded me from looking at Mason's drawing.

"Fine you got us", Lucas said. "But you can't see what we're making until it is all done. And we need a few more minutes. Right Mason?"

"Right!" Mason exclaimed. I snickered at them.

"Alright then, I'll just read a book", I said, going along with whatever they were up to. Summoning my book about the element Spirit, I went over to the couch and started to read a section over protection spells.

"Ok, you can look now!" Mason said a few minutes later, excitement laced in his voice. I sat my book down to see Mason and Lucas holding a giant sheet of paper. Red hearts were dotted all around the paper, and the surrounded a few large words written in the center of the paper. It said, "We Love You Max!" and it was colored like a rainbow. My heart melted, and I was a bit speechless.

"Oh, my Gods you guys!" I shrieked with joy. "I love it so much!" I felt a lone tear of joy slide down my cheek as I took the drawing. "We need to find a frame for this, then I need to find a special place to put it."

Mason and Lucas looked ecstatic that I loved the drawing, but Lucas's eyes held a little bit if relief.

"Lucas", I said, looking into his eyes. He nervously stepped up to me, but I didn't understand why he was nervous. To make him feel better, I stood on my tippy toes and placed a kiss on his lips. Lucas hungrily kissed me back, and I felt pure bliss from it. We pulled apart to breath, and Lucas gave me a Cheshire Cat grin.

"So, I can have kisses now?" he asked, innocently.

"Ye-", I was interrupted by Lucas, who started to litter my entire face in kisses. I laughed and squealed, and Mason was laughing at us, me in particular though. I managed to shove Lucas away before the drawing got messed up, but when I got free from his grasp, he pouted like I killed his puppy.

"I didn't get enough kisses", Lucas grumbled. I giggled at his behavior and sat the drawing on the coffee table, before giving Lucas a hug.

"How many kisses do you need?" I asked, teasingly.

"I need five hundred kisses a day!" Lucas exclaimed. "No, I need one thousand kisses a day to get enough of them!" I laughed and pecked his cheek.

"You're so ridiculous", I said, with a hint of amusement. "But I love you." Lucas grinned and trapped me in his strong arms.

"I love you too, my beautiful Mage", he replied. My face flushed after he finished speaking, and my body became a tiny bit hot. But that feeling, however, was short-lived.

"And I love you both!" Mason hollered and wiggled in between Lucas and I to join the hug.

"Love you too, kid", I said, hugging the boy.

"Love you too", Lucas said, ruffling his curly hair. Mason giggled and decided right then and there to tap me and yell "TAG, YOU'RE IT!" right into my ear. I sat there dazed and Mason giggled and ran off. Lucas laughed his ass off, then he ran away too. I pulled myself together and chased after them. Of we were playing tag, there was one thing I knew for certain; I was not losing.

                   To be continued...

AN: Max... were you getting aroused lol? Anyways, sorry I'm super late in getting this chapter up, I've been super busy with school lately. It might be a while, but I'll get the next chapter uploaded as soon as I can. I'm going to post a notice in here soon, cuz I have important news for you all. Love you besties! Please comment any spelling and grammar errors!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Bye Besties! 💙