CHAPTER 4

I'm quietly doing my hair while Jo is curling Meg's. We're going to a ball tonight. I feel as though I'm back in London, getting ready with Daphne as Eloise sits reading Lady Whistledown, as she is right now, and talking with Hyacinth. But I'm not. I'm in America with my cousins.

"They won't fit," Meg exclaimed.

"Just wear your other ones," Beth said sweetly. Meg ignored her.

"These fit last year," Meg said trying to squeeze her shoe on.

"Eloise, has Lady Whistledown written?" I ask while applying my makeup.

"No, I believe she's gone on holiday as the season is up," Eloise reply's. We told our cousins all about this years season and the new gossiper Lady Whistledown. Jo took intrest and read some of the copies that Eloise brought with her.

"I know just who I'll dance with," Meg sighed happily as she started to daydream.

"My nose will simply NOT look refined," Amy whined playing with her nose. I got up from where I was standing and booped her nose.

"I think it is quiet beautiful," I said lovingly. Amy gave me a sad smile and pulled out a book to read while we are gone.

"I do not understand why you would want to go to this ball," Eloise said to me. She opted out of going as she said there are far too many in England and she'd rather stay away from them while we are here.

"I would like to go make some friends. I'll see you after," I say walking out the door with Meg and Jo.

"I love you!" I call out to El but she doesn't seem to hear me so I just continue walking.