CHAPTER 3

We've been on the boat for 3 days and are finally docking in America.

We get off the boat and start looking for our aunt and cousin.

"ELIZA!!! ELOISE!!!" We heard a strong American accent yell. We turn to see Amy March running towards us. Engulfed in a big hug we greet our little cousin.

"Amy! Oh how are you??" Eloise says

"We've missed you so much. It's been entirely too long," I say. Amy giggled at our English accents.

"I've missed you too. Come on,"

Amy says dragging us, "Marmee is over here getting the bags and we must get home, Jo is awaiting your arrival Eliza and Beth yours Eloise"

As we make our way towards our aunt, I take in the American air. Looking around the docks look very similar to those in England but people dressed very differently. Eloise and I are in our nice day gowns whereas there are women here who wear pants!

"Ohh would you look at my beautiful nieces," Marmee exclaims.

"Auntie it's so good to see you. We're so happy to be here," Eloise says more formally than she every has before.

"Oh please Eloise let's not be formal with each other. We're family," Says Marmee. A smile spreads across El's face. And we start to make our walk towards the house.

"Who lives over there?" I asked curiously.

"The Laurence's," Said Marmee, "they don't go out much but they are very kind. Sadly Mrs. Laurence died a few years ago but Mr. Laurence gets by. And from what I hear, his grandson, Theodore, is staying with him. He's your age," Marmee says to us giving us a knowing look.

"Well I hope he has a good visit," I say, "And—" I get cut off when a body slams into me.

"ELIZA YOURE HERE!!" Screamed the body on top of me. It took me a moment to realize who the voice belonged to but then it hit me.

"JO! OH HOW IVE MISSED YOU!" I screamed hugging her back. We stood up and laughed again. As we started to make our way into the house I glance over one more time to the Laurence house. I take a moment to observe it.

It's just a tad bigger than ours back in London. I see someone come outside, probably to see what the screaming was about, and give me a wave. I can't see the face clearly but he must've been the grandson. I wave to the figure than turn my back towards it and start to make my way into the house.