Part 3

The Present

"Hey! Hey! Stranger!"

Someone was yelling and it was a bit inconsiderate to have this type of public display.

No different than those who decide to argue publicly with no regard for those around them.

She looked around briefly to see what they looked like out of quick curiosity.

Spotting the guy causing the commotion did not take long but it seems like he was trying to get her attention.

Shocked.

I Ignore the calling since I did not recognize the voice.

Nor did I associate me with anyone who would gladly cause an unnecessary scene out in public.

She was used to not standing out but also embracing the fact that no one notice her.

Charlotte was too self-conscious to be outgoing and friendly.

Plus, she never really had a friend so she could not miss what never existed.

"Oly Moly My Young but Very Old Homie," the voice yelled again very annoyingly.

Glancing up I skim my surroundings to see if I can get a glimpse of where he has now moved to.

Was she being pranked in a knock-off YouTube video?

Even though it was incredibly old fashion here, there were ways to keep up with the outside world through the internet.

Now everyone wanted to be an influencer or prankster.

There were people now looking at her with disapproving eyes that made her slide down in her seat a bit.

Why me?

She wanted to explain herself and considered getting up and leaving.

But she did not want to be made to feel like someone ran her off.

The youth nowadays had no filter on how they got a laugh, alike, or share.

It was so much that her age and younger was doing that she just did not get.

She admits that the fashion she has seen online was amazing, but she would not dare try to imitate it.

The slang was ridiculous, and she was floored by how ignorance takes off with it.

She took a risk by sitting up to quickly look around to see if she could spot him again.

Not seeing anyone that was out of place.

I shift a bit in my seat as I pick up my phone from the table.

There were the same two missed text messages in my alerts.

Caught off guard when someone sat across from me.

Quickly.

As though someone was chasing them.

Glancing around was someone chasing them.

She notices his large hand and how well kept they were.

And with a strong and unfamiliar scent about him as well.

Looking up very annoyed, I move my meal from the center of the table to closer to me.

"You look very familiar," the guy in all black said across from me.

There were signs of mischief dancing in his all-brown eye.

He then reached across the table and took a handful of my fries before slouching in his seat.

Chewing with his mouth open and overly dramatically he tried to speak but instead erupted in coughing.

Ugh!

This fake little scammer but it was a bit entertaining as well.

He knew today was our first time seeing each other.

He was now eye bawling the cold drink I had yet to taste. He was pounding his chest and pointing at it.

Picking it up quickly and wide-eyed.

I see the smile that almost spread across his face.

Charlotte brought the drink to my lips and drank it slowly.

She loves how the cold sprite went down my throat.

Once I had nothing but ice inside my cup, I stop and sit down in front of him.

He watches me with a look of shock and a hint of disgust.

I started to laugh as I picked up one French fry to dunk inside my glob of ketchup.

He picked up the cup and shook it slowly.

But then he took the top off and started chewing on the ice.

He looks so happy as though that was what he wanted originally.

When the server came with the bill, he pointed them in my direction.

I made a face at him before handing him my credit card in exchange for the receipt.

I have always been against paying for a guy's meal.

But in ways, this did not count.

Considering all she did was share the food that she herself had ordered.

He obviously was a broke, homeless, joke with no sense of self-worth.

I start gathering my few things scattered on the table to head to my church's meeting.

He then asks me, "If I wanted to go for dinner later on?"

Heck NO!

So, I get tricked into paying again... I think not.

He even had the nerve to look at me innocently and said he would pay this time.

Shaking my head, I get up and walk away.

I am stopped by kids selling candy and you get to decide what you want to donate to them.

The same guy ends up beside me choosing a snicker as well.

But then he tells them I will be giving his donation.

WTF.

I give them a five and walk off quickly not wanting to cause a scene.

She felt him near, so she turned around to give him a piece of her mind PG13 style.

Except they collided with one another.

She almost falls backward but he pulled her into him.

And for a second, she thought she felt something.

Looking into his eyes she saw gentleness there.

Ugh!

Why is this happening to me today?

Can I get a break for once?

Instead of saying anything to him, she just pushes him away.