"But Nisha--"

"No, Ammi. No buts! I am just coming," she raised her index finger at her and rushed straight to her room without letting her complete herself.

Nisha changed her uniform, quickly took a shower, and wore a plain pink shirt with matching trousers. Placing her white dupatta along her neck, she came out and went straight to the kitchen where her mother was warming the precooked food on a pan. She grimaced seeing the beads of sweat on her mother's already wrinkled forehead.

"Ammi, I have some money which I got from winning the debate competition last month. Shall we buy an oven from it?" She suggested to her.

"No!" Her mother declined quickly while frowning at her, "save that money for some real necessity in the future. The oven is not important for us right now."

"Come on, now have lunch. I am also really hungry," Tabinda quickly declared and walked out with the plates of food in her hand, leaving her behind.

After lunch, as soon as Tabinda's hands moved to reach her sewing machine, Nisha stopped her from approaching it.

"Beta, let me complete the work. These dresses are for wedding purposes and I have already given them the due date of tomorrow," she tried to object.

"Ammi, nothing is more important than your health. I will call the client and tell them that you are sick and can't complete the order as per the decided date. Okay?" Nisha tried to persuade her by squeezing her senile hand.

"Nisha, I am totally fine now. Look--" Tabinda got interrupted when a row of sneezes made their way through her nose. She had been suffering from the flu for a few days and now it had gotten worse.

"Look how fine you are," Nisha faked a frown and wrapped her arms around her chest.

"They would get angry at me. Maybe they will cancel the order," Tabinda mumbled, more to herself.

"Let's do one thing. I will complete the work and return their order on time," Nisha inferred with a smile.

Tabinda looked at her with a blank stare. She had taught her daughter everything related to the stitching of the clothes and some skills Nisha learned just by seeing her due to her fondness for the task. She even used to help her in this during her school life. But after Nisha went to college, Tabinda herself banned her from doing anything than studying. And she couldn't abrogate the fact that there was magic in her daughter's hands.

If she had experience, then Nisha had skills.

If she was doing this work out of necessity, Nisha loved it as a hobby.

Considering how weak she was feeling right now, she surrendered to her. Seeing her silence, Nisha smiled cheerfully and hugged her from the side.

"Ammi, please go to your room. I am bringing tea and medicine for you and then you are going to sleep. Okay? No unnecessary thoughts. Just sleep!" She held her shoulders and turned her towards her room. Tabinda now had no choice but to do what Nisha wanted. In her heart, she was feeling relieved to have a daughter like her who used to care for her so much.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

The room was lightened barely by the zero bulbs. There was a delicious coldness inside it, thanks to the air conditioner. It was the night time and there was only one thing audible thought-out -someone's sobs.

The man occupying the huge-sized bed pulled out his hand towards the side table and shoved the button of the lamp which glowed the whole room in white light. He was a weak-looking man probably in his mid-50s. He had a round face having a small grey white stubble. His lower body was covered with a duvet. He had tears in his eyes and it was him who was whimpering from time to him.

The man wiped his cheeks with his thumb before reaching out for a portrait placed on the same side table on which the lamp was placed. It was a picture of a man who looked exactly like him except he was muscular and way younger than him and did not have a beard. He ran his fingers through the picture as he was tracing the features of that person. A tear escaped his eye and landed straight on the eye of that guy on the portrait.

"My brother, I miss you. I miss you so much. Please forgive me. Please forgive your big brother," he whispered with a shivering voice and hugged the portrait to his chest.

He flinched when the door of his room knocked and then after a while, someone entered inside.

________________________

Hi / AssalamoAlaikum guys!

How are you?

Here is the 1st chapter. I hope you liked it.

I will try to update this book once weekly In Sha Allah.

If you like this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment.