𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
REFORGING MEN AT ARMS

CHAPTER THIRTEENREFORGING MEN AT ARMS

✧ ⋆ ☽ ✯ ☾ ⋆ ✧

Rocky wasn't a good man. He was cratered by imperfections, always alone and uncertain of his fate. But for the first time, Rocky didn't feel like he was alone or unassured about what he wanted in life for himself and who he was. And what he really wants is the silly girl who cries over his death that has yet to occur. The girl who tells him she can't give him the love he deserves but does everything to show just how worthy of the love he is every single time she talks.

Rocky knows what is done is never undone. It remains within himself, a story he tells himself so that he knows who he really is. And if Rocky knows anything for sure, it is that he is not a hero. Far from it, actually. The things he did and didn't do to stand where he is right now are far more than enough to prove he was anything but a hero material.

Like the little boy once said, he was like one of those Villains in the story. He's that crazed, wild thing that has selfish desires. Born and bred in violence. Fighting every second of every day to survive and come above the top because he had his own ambitions he needed to achieve. He was stubborn, with a sharp tongue and cracked knuckles. And most importantly, it was his anger that kept him alive better than his heart ever had.

So it, of course, took him off guard when Aadhya strongly opposed the idea.

It made Rocky briefly wonder just what sort of man he was in her eyes. Then feared what all he would do to preserve such faith of her in him until the very end. It was terrifying, really, when Rocky thought about the great lengths he would go to just for the sake of a girl if she just opened her mouth and asked for it because he felt like she's the only good thing left in the world.

And because he wanted to be good, even if it was only for a second, and it was only for her.

***

The people working in the mines were shocked like he had expected when they saw his men bring Vanaram out. True, he was making a huge wager with this decision, but with Adheera still out and about and the rest of the KGF partners waiting for the proper moment to take his head off, Rocky needed an army - An army so big that no one would dare to pick the fight.

And even though he has people, years of living in fear had them scared out of their wits at the slightest of sounds and memories. So, to shape them stronger, Rocky needs a good commander-in-chief for himself. And there is none better equipped and experienced for it than Vanaram himself.

"Unlock the chains," he gives out a command in a leisure tone, distinctly wondering what all reprimands his darling would lash out at him if she were to see him then. Sticking a cigarette into his mouth Rocky watches his men do as he commanded. There was piercing silence on the grounds. Some of the guys who had been called into training that morning still held their guns at Vanaram, shaking in their boots. But he doubted they could shoot their targets properly even if they tried.