You nod at his words but are immediately turning your head when Maria calls out to Diluc, "Come this way! We have to buy some ice cream now!"

He turns towards her but as he walks past you he stops for a brief second and leans in close to you. Your breath hitches.

"When you get to the house, look along the windows of the bottom floor to find me."

With that he hurries off to tag behind Maria as they turn down another aisle. You watch after him for a few seconds. What is his relation to her? The question seems to ring in your head, repeating itself over and over. You want to know so bad. Are they dating? Friends? You bite your bottom lip in thought.

Next thing you know, you're whipping out your phone and opening the notes app to write down what he told you. You have a party to prepare for.

-

Stepping out of the limo onto the front lawn of the enormous L.A. mansion feels more dramatic than you had anticipated. You're dressed in a skin-tight short dress with a slit at the leg and heels that dig into your feet.

There are people milling about in the grass and bodyguards at the gates to the driveway. The mansion itself is stunning with giant windows that reach many stories upwards, bright lights everywhere, and huge palm trees forming a gate around the property.

As you step closer and closer to the front door, the music from inside becomes much louder. You clutch your purse to you with a small bout of nervousness.

You almost laugh at the absurdity of it all. You don't usually go to social gatherings like this, especially not just for a man that invited you. Even if he is insanely hot.

You make your way down a set of stairs. The music gets even louder.

The basement has tall ceilings and huge windows that overlook a view of the city down the hill that the house is set on. The dj is at one end of the room where a large group of people dance around. Your chest feels like it's pounding with the beat of the music.

Diluc is leaning against one of the windows farther from the big group. He has a red cup in hand and purple light throws the colors of his hair askew. You can tell though that his shirt and pants are pitch black, paired with a few silver necklaces that dip down where the top few buttons of the shirt are opened.

You take a gulp because holy shit he is possibly the most attractive man you've ever laid eyes on.

"Did you ditch Maria?" You ask him as you approach.

His eyes roam your body. He shakes his head and takes a long sip of whatever drink he has.

"She's probably making out with someone or something."

"Oh," The statement doesn't surprise you as much as his nonchalant tone, "So you two aren't..."

"I don't date."

"Right..."

"She's friends with me. Sort of. To be honest, I think she just wants something from me," He explains with a sigh. 

"Well that's not very nice," You retort. 

He shakes his head in agreement.

"Want me to buy you a drink?" He offers, as if he can read your feelings.

You shake your head, "I'd rather stay sober, honestly."

"Fair enough. I didn't want alcohol either."

"So what's that?" You motion to the cup in his hand.

"Grape juice."

You snicker at him.

He holds eye contact with you for a brief moment before you break it. You're worried if you stare too hard it'll become obvious.