twenty-one

MESSAGES - iMessage
𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

participants:
𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘶𝘦𝘳 ⇢ ❪ adelaide ❤️ ❫
𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘺 ⇢ ❪ drewsta ✨ ❫

𝐌𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐄𝐏 𝟐𝟎, 𝟓:𝟐𝟖 𝐀𝐌

adelaide ❤️
drew?

adelaide ❤️
you awake?

𝐌𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐄𝐏 𝟐𝟎, 𝟓:𝟑𝟐 𝐀𝐌

adelaide ❤️
nvm

𝐌𝐎𝐍, 𝐒𝐄𝐏 𝟐𝟎, 𝟓:𝟓𝟑 𝐀𝐌

drewsta
hey

drewsta
where are you?

adelaide ❤️
at the beach

ADELAIDE HAD BEEN SO immersed by the gentle undulation of the waves that she hadn't noticed the faint crunching of the sand behind her. She takes a deep breath and closed her eyes as she inhales the comforting yet briny sea breeze.

"Hey." Adelaide jolts in surprise and looked up to see Drew, an evidently tired smile on his lips.

"Jesus, you scared me." She mutters as she scoots aside to let him to sit on the blanket she laid out on the sand.

Adelaide watched as his chest move up and down as he chuckles in response. He settles beside her and rested his arms on his knees, before turning his gaze to Adelaide, who immediately looked away.

"It's a little too early for a morning stroll, yeah?" He mumbles. "What's wrong?" Adelaide's stomach flutters upon hearing the concern in his tone.

"Nothing." She shrugged. "I couldn't sleep anymore."

"Something's bothering you."

Adelaide sighs heavily and averted her gaze to the boy next to her whose eyes was filled with worry. "Nothing's wrong, I promise." She put her hand on his arm, involuntarily.

Drew could feel as if his heart would explode at the feeling of her soft hands on his skin. Shit, he thought. He tries to hide his apprehension by looking out to the sea.

It was still a little dark but it was clear that the sun was about to rise. The golden hues in the sky were subtle yet almost discernible. Santa Barbara was undoubtedly one of the many beautiful places to watch the beauty of the sunrise.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Adelaide spoke softly.

"Yeah, it is." Drew murmurs. "Wanna take a walk along the dock?" He suggests.

Adelaide nodded considering her bum was starting to ache from sitting for so long. After she rolled up the blanket and pocketing it in her tote bag, the pair began their stroll.

"So," Drew starts. "I'm thinking of getting a buzzcut."

"Woah, that's great!" Adelaide laughs. "You've always wanted to get one."