twenty

"GOD, MY FACE BURNS!" Analiese groaned, putting a hand on her forehead. "I think I have fever, like seriously." She flops unto the bed and laid her sunburnt arms all over the mattress; the cool sensation of the blanket felt utterly soothing to her.

"You're being dramatic." Adelaide says, rolling her eyes. She sat next to her on their shared bed and unlocked her phone.

After hours of travelling and unwinding by the beach upon their arrival, the group finally checked in to their respective hotel rooms. Madison had insisted the boys and girls should be staying in separate living spaces since it would obviously be too chaotic for all of them to be in one room.

"No, I'm dead serious." Analiese replies. "It's like the sun fucked me or something." She exaggerates, earning another eye roll from her sister.

"Well, we still have an hour to spare before dinner. Just take a power nap or something." Adelaide suggests, still scrolling through her Instagram feed. "I'll wake you."

"Aw, that's so very kind of you." Analiese cooed. "You know... that picture Drew posted of you was... kinda sus."

Adelaide bit her lip at what she said. "What do you mean?"

Before Analiese could respond, the lock of the door clicks open and Madelyn and Madison walked in with the refreshments.

"Hey, we bought Pepsi for Addie and water for Ana, as requested." Madelyn smiled, handing the two girls their drinks.

"You asked for water?" Adelaide narrowed her eyes at her sister's choice of drink.

Analiese halts to give her a look of disappointment. "I'm trying to be healthy, okay? Don't judge my water."

"I'm not judging. It's just a surprise that you asked for water when you're -most of the time- a hoe for Coca-cola."

"People change, Addie." Analiese pokes her arm, maybe just a little too hard. Adelaide yelped and rubbed the spot over again before slapping her sister's sunburnt arms.

"Ow, you bitch!"

Madison chuckles lightly at their exchange before sitting on the edge of her and Madelyn's shared bed. She took a sip of her own beverage just as Madelyn reappears from the bathroom.

"Addie!" Madelyn shrieked before running towards the brunette. "That picture that Drew took of you was so cute, by the way. I almost cried." She pouts, resting her arms on the side of their bed.

"That's what I thought too!" Madison nods. "Wait, did he ask for your permission before posting it?" She turns to a blushing Adelaide with a slight smirk.

"Yeah, it was no biggie." Adelaide shrugged. "I figured he'd archive it sooner or later so I consented, you know?"

"No, he's definitely not gonna archive it." Madelyn asserted. "He's a simp for you. It's a little too obvious."

"For real." Analiese butts in. "This is exactly the reason why I felt suspish about his relationship with what's-her-name because Drew rarely posts pictures of her and with you, he does." She adds. "It was just an observation but I've always thought there was something fishy about the way he just broke up with you so suddenly."

Adelaide couldn't help but ponder on what Analiese said. It was true that Drew never really posted pictures of his relationship with Amaya. Then again, he was more of a private person and perhaps he only wanted to keep his love life a secret.

"And I've never -I mean, I'm not just saying this because you are both my best friends and that you are perfect for each other- but I've never not seen Drew look so happy when you're around." Madelyn said. "I can see it in your eyes, too, Addie." She adds.