I Accidentally Kickstarted The Apocalypse

Start from the beginning

"I'll get it," Kian said as he quickly dashed over to the door.

He pulled it open to reveal Victoria, my mum and Harry Jekyll. Michael stood just behind them, having refused to go back to Heaven while Lucifer was still free on Earth.

"Hey," Victoria said, "We're not too early are we?"

"No, you're right on time," Kian said happily as they all walked in "Let's get this party going then?"

Dylan took one last annoyed look at me before walking over to sit on the bean bags in front of the TV.

He had such a fucking attitude lately...

I had come to the conclusion that Will had told him a load of bullshit to get him to hate me, but he still wouldn't talk about whatever Will had told him before our fight in the R&R Club. Not to me, or to Kian. As well as he seemed to be doing in his training, I was still worried about him.

My mum was a different problem altogether. After talking to Michael over Christmas and finding out that he was an angel, she seemed to have latched onto him, and she had thrown herself headfirst into helping me and Kian plan our wedding.

She hadn't talked about Dad, and she was still having trouble looking at Dylan and relaxing in his presence. It was like she expected him to attack her at any moment.

Yeah, this party was going to be a bloody disaster...

"How are you, Alec?" Victoria asked as she joined me in the kitchen area.

"I've been better," I admitted "After everything that happened..."

"You've just got to give it time," Victoria continued "You're never going to get over it, but, you will learn to live with the pain."

"Maybe I don't want to live with it," I replied "Dylan definitely shouldn't have to live with what he went through. It's not fair."

"Well, life is rarely fair," Victoria said with a sad smile "As I recall, you managed to cope with being turned into a werewolf. I'm sure Dylan is just as strong as you are."

Still, it shouldn't be this bloody way...

"Yeah, well, life is shit..."

Victoria pulled me into a brief hug before I heard Kian's voice call out. As we broke the hug, I saw that Kian had his glass of bloody vodka held up and a massive smile on his face that showed off his fangs.

"Okay, now that everyone is here, me and Alec have an announcement to make."

"You're not going to propose again, are you?" Dylan asked, having turned his attention away from the TV.

"No," Kian replied "I'm not going to propose again..."

Suddenly I heard my mum scream.

Quickly turning to see her cowering in the corner behind Michael, the transparent figure of Grace was reaching out an non-existent arm out to pat my mum's shoulder.

"Grace!" I smiled "What are you doing here?"

Grace turned to face me, her face split into a wide grin and she sped across the room before coming to a stop just in front of me.

"This is a great party," Grace said looking around at everyone "Could do with some music though..."

I raised my eyebrows at her, and she seemed to realise that everyone was looking at her.

"I'm not interrupting, am I?"

"No," I replied with a sigh.

"Actually, I was going to say something pretty important..." Kian began before seeing the look on my face "It can wait."