9. Oh Brother ♔︎

Start from the beginning

"No, because I very much stand on what I said. I'll apologize for how I said it though. I was doing too much, I just... you really pissed me off with that shit you saying about daddy."

"Yeah, you're right," Kiara sighed. "It wasn't fair of me to project my own past traumas and insecurities on they relationship like that."

"Can we talk more about it later? Like a real talk. We ain't done that in a while and I feel like you got hella shit you been keeping in that you needa get off your chest."

"Uhh..." Kiara hesitated because the mere thought of having a real conversation made her want to internally shut down.

"Kiara?"

"Okay," she reluctantly agreed. "We can go to the lounge after this to chill and smoke."

"And talk," Luna emphasized.

"And talk. Whatever."

"Great. Cause I got hella shit I been wanting to talk to you about."

Kiara internally cussed, because she knew Luna was going to want to get deep and emotional- and those are two things she hates the most.

"Anyway though," Kiara cleared her throat. "What you call me in here for? What is it?"

"Bitchhhh," she said with so much excitement in her voice. "Tell me why Rowan just asked me out on a fucking date."

"As he should. You already let him hit so I was expecting that to come pretty soon. Where's he tryna take you though?"

"This nigga tryna take me out the fucking countryyyy," she screamed.

"Oh shit," Kiara raised her eyebrows because she definitely wasn't expecting that. "For a first date?"

She thought that was a bit much for a first date, but she kept that part to herself. If that's something Luna really wanted to do, Kiara's only advice is to make sure Luna trusts him and that she keeps herself safe.

"Yup. He wants to take me to Hawaii for a couple days."

"Luna... you know Hawaii is a state, right? It's part of the U.S."

"You really think I'm stupid, don't you? I mean out of the country as in out of the contiguous United States."

"Okay Ms. Geographer," Kiara laughed. "Calm down sis."

"No cause you think I'm dumb."

"I don't think you're dumb Luna."

"You've literally said it to my face multiple times, but okay," she rolled her eyes. "Moving on. Do you think I should go?"

"I mean... if you want to and you trust him enough, then I don't see why not."

"I'm honestly shocked by that answer Kiara. Thought you'd try and talk me out of it."

"You're 23 years old Luna. You're more than old enough to be making your own decisions."

"I'ma tell him yes. Ughh, Kiara," she sang out. "What if this actually lasts? Can you see us together like that? Can you see me as Mrs. Williams?"

"I can actually. I definitely do see it," Kiara nodded her head.

And she doesn't mean it in a bad way, but she's always thought Luna was more cut out to be a basketball wife than anything else. She's a 23 year old with nothing more than a high school education and her personality largely consists of spending money, being pretty on Instagram, and dating rich athletes.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Kiara actually applauds her sister for being able to find men that willingly finance her entire lifestyle, because if she could, she would do it too.