39 | i've got issues, but you got 'em too.

JANNAT'S P.O.V

I DASHED INTO THE COFFEE SHOP. Pushing open the glass door of the coffee shop, with a white knuckled grip on my handbag, my eyes instantly searched for my boyfriend in the crowd. 

This place was packed and I absolutely abhorred that. If Sinclair had given me a heads-up about how busy this place would have been today, I'd have reserved the whole place for just the two of us beforehand for some privacy. Just when I was about to crawl into the nearest empty booth and call Sinclair and shriek at him, I spotted Sinclair's familiar face and halted in my tracks — my face suddenly heating up with a strange, warm feeling. I watched the exact moment his wandering eyes settled on me and his eyes lit up in recognition — and the smile that blossomed on his face was like watching the sun rise after a long, cold, dark night.

"I thought I'd be swallowed alive by this crowd," I murmured truthfully as I slid into the booth, sitting right next to Sinclair. The fond smile he gave me made my heart race a little faster, but I didn't show it on my face. He took my bag gently from me and deposited it on the empty space next to him.

"Hi."

"Hey," I smiled. "What were you upto? Did I make you wait long?"

"What I was doing? Other than regretting his entire existence because his favorite coffee shop is packed and his favourite spot in the whole shop is taken?" Sinclair quipped, giving me a lazy smile. "I was waiting for you, of course. And no, don't worry, I got here only nine minutes and seven seconds before you did. And I think it was all worth the wait to see your face," He whispered, and pressed a kiss to the corner of my lips that had me giggling and shit. "You're the picture of perfection today, Walter. Must you always tease me so? Do I need to up my reading game and read more books on how to not be dumbfounded when you see the most beautiful woman?" 

"Being in a relationship is making you cheesy," I added, laughing a little as I reached out to brush the hair falling into his eyes. "Shut up."

"I am sorry, but you kind of accepted me and my talkative habits when you agreed to be my girlfriend," He quipped, tilting his head at me. "Now, don't tell me you're running away already. That's not a quality I expected you to have."

I raised a brow at him, leaning on one of my shoulders as I propped my body up with an elbow on the tabletop. Sinclair grabbed a tissue and placed it under my elbow before it touched the surface of the table. "Now, don't tell me you're looking for any redeeming qualities in me, Sinclair. You won't find any."

"Good, I have always been attracted to bad girls."

"You're the most ridiculous person I have ever met," I admitted, laughing a little. "How did it take me this long to notice you?"

"I don't know, it took you months to notice me flirting outrageously with you, so I am not very surprised."

"You weren't flirting with me for months."

"I was, lowkey, even if I wouldn't like to admit it," He said, pursing his lips. "My hostile behavior toward you from the start of this year was, as you might have already discovered, far too aggravated and excessive. Much more than the previous years. I think somewhere along the way, I was just trying to cover up my attraction to you."

"No way, you lowkey liked me even when I tackled you in detention?"

He gave me a wry smile. "I like things a little rough, Walter."

"What a coincidence," I said, smirking. "I do too."

It took the blink of an eye for Sinclair’s face and neck and ears to turn as red as the color of my lipstick. "You and your crass mouth. We are in public, Walter. Behave yourself."