He remembers when the bracelet might have broken ,when he was pinned with a knife on his neck and he was trying to pull it away from himself ,soohyun had snatched away his wrist really tightly which was still bruised. That's when it had broken.

Jungkook chuckled bitterly to himself ,opening his eyes and stared at the bruised and empty wrist as he removed the broken accessory from it putting it in his pocket.

"Not this is gone as well ,huh. Can I get anymore unlucky than this? Or am i just cursed or something that happiness can't stay with me for too long."

"he destroyed the only thing i had left of you."

He talked to himself looking up ,like someone is actually there.

The younger men had asked him to sit down ,get changed into clean clothes and have something to eat or drink but jungkook refused to get away from there till the doctors doesn't come out of the ER.

Jungkook feels like he doesn't even have the energy to cry anymore as he stares at the four of them and the door from time to time or just at his bandaged hands the whole time expressionlessly.

Around one hour more went by the same and there was no news about any of the two.

Jungkook was still looking at the red bulb ,when he felt a presence beside him making him turn towards the person.

It was ji Eun ,who was standing beside him but this time in  casual clothes which means she was done with her duty for today.

Seeing the woman ,jungkook arched a brow at her ,"ji Eun ssi? Why are you here ? Aren't you done with your duty?" He asked in a low voice not wanting to disturb the silence.

"I don't know ,just felt like it and you can call me IU if you want ,or noona as you please ,i don't mind. Ji Eun ssi seems a little too formal after duty." She said shrugging her shoulders with a small smile.

She had just met soohyun and jungkook today ,and hasn't even introduced herself to taehyung yet she felt connected to them somehow.

She never feels any kind of emotional attachment to any of the people who are there for any cases during her work , these three seem special because she is feeling like she needs to comfort jungkook right now somehow and be there for the other two.

She was about to say something to jungkook ,when they heard a noise coming from the other side. They saw all the other men sope and minimoni were standing on their feet right now and the red bulb was off.

And as soon as the bulb stopped glowing ,the door opened and two doctors came out who had masks on their faces. They removed the masks and asked ,"who are the patient's families?"

Jungkook immediately went ahead as well and Namjoon and they simultaneously voiced out ,"me"

"What's your relation to the patients?" Asked one of the doctors.

"I'm husband of Kim taehyung and son in law of Kim soohyun." Jungkook said and looked up at them with hopeful eyes ,wishing that it wasn't a bad news for them.

"I am Kim soohyun's nephew and Kim taehyung's cousin." Said Namjoon chewing on the inside of his cheek nervously.

"Okay..." Doctor said continuing ... "So.. both of them made it alive..." He said then taking a pause ,"but..."

Jungkook sighed in relief clutching his chest with one hand as he heard that both of them were alive ,that was enough to calm his heart for just a second.

But as soon as he heard that 'but' he snapped his head towards the doctor again and tilted his head.

Namjoon was the one who asked them to continue whatever they were saying ,"but what doctor?"