...

Japan Football Union

'Huh? Where am I supposed to go? Wait, isn't that Itoshi Rin...?'

"Hey, Itoshi-kun would you happen to know how to get in?" asked Keisuke walking up to Itoshi Rin brother of Japanese Genius Itoshi Sae and future teammate.

"Tch, of course such a lukewarm person can't use common sense."

"Maa, maa don't tell you're still mad about me beating you in nationals, are you?" Keisuke asked while putting his arm around Rin.

Pushing his arm off, Rin walked away.

"Good Luck, Lukewarm-kun!"

...

"Isn't that..."

"It's him..."

"There's two of them..."

"Takeyama Keisuke and Itoshi Rin"

"Look at how much attention we got, Lukewarm-kun," whispered Keisuke.

"Tch..."

...

A tall and slender man with glasses stepped onto the stage.

"Tch, Test, One, Two."

"Congratulations, you unpolished gems."

"All you under-18 strikers have been chosen solely based on my criteria and biases to be here today. All 300 of you."

"I am Jinpachi Ego. My job is to make Japan a team capable of winning the World Cup."

'Eh? World Cup?'

'Really?'

"I'll put in simple terms. Japan only requires one thing to become the strongest powerhouse in Football. And that is the creation of revolutionary striker. From you 300 players gathered today. I will forge the best striker in the world through a certain project."

'Best striker in the world? Impossible.'

"Look here. For this purpose we have built this facility... called 'BLUE LOCK'."

"Starting today all of you will live in this building, and follow, down to the letter, my personally designed training game regime. You will not be able to go back home, and as of now, can consider your football careers as you know them, over."

"But I will say this: If you manage to survive on Blue Lock, and defeat the other 299 players around you...

You, the last player standing will have become the best striker in the world."

"That is all for the details. Nice to meet you all."

"Oi, Lukewarm-kun did you just hear that...?"

"Hey! Sorry, but... I can't just agree with what you just said now."

'Ryosuke Kira!'

"For most of us, our team is our main priority... Particularly those of us who'll participate at nationals."

"There's no way I can accept those terms. I... I will not throw away my own team.

'What team?'

"That's right...! I'm also playing at Nationals!"

"And why do we have to live all together...!"

"Yeah! Yeah!"

"Who the hell are you, anyway?!"

"Let's see someone we know!"

'Maa, they do have a point I'm not gonna waste my time in some stupid scam.'