Chapter 4

Brooke's POV

As I'm sitting in fourth period I can't stop thinking of what happened this morning. The things Ms.Smith said, did she mean them? Was she just complementing me? Did she mean more by it? This is so confusing. I should just forget about it, it was probably nothing.

It's almost time for our rally and I really don't wanna go to be honest. It's for all the sports players and now that softball isn't a sport here why bother going? However I never ditch, even if it is just a stupid rally.

The bell rings and everyone goes to the gym. I sit with my best friend Saige and the rest of the girls who had played softball with me. They announce the football team followed by the soccer team and then hockey team. They even announce the band. Basketball is next then all the rest of the sports, all except softball.

"This is so shitty," I say to Saige referring to the lack of the softball team. "I know, let's hangout tonight? How's that sound?" Saige asks. "That sounds great." I reply quickly and eagerly.

"Okay students I have one more announcement," Mr. Howard says. I know we've left out one team today, and that's because we didn't have a coach, however recent events have declared otherwise. Ms. Smith would you please join me." Mr. Howard says. "What's this all about? What's he talking about?" Saige says as I shush her.

"Ladies and gentlemen this is you new softball coach, Ms. Smith."

"Tryouts will begin tomorrow from 3 to 7 and the next day from 3-6. I hope to see many of you there" Ms.Smith says enthusiastically. 

As she finishes almost all of the entire past softball players run down to give her a big hug and thank her. 

Ashley's POV 

It really means a lot that these girls are so welcoming. I'm really excited for tryouts tomorrow and even more excited to see what Brooke can do.

After a ton of hugs and thank yous are given to me the last bell of the day rings and the girls say their goodbyes. "See you tomorrow Ms. Smith!" Brooke yells as she walks out with another girl. I wonder who that girl is, she's really pretty, I wonder if it's her girlfriend. As I think these thoughts a wave of jealousy comes over me.

No matter how hard I try I can't shake these thoughts of her. I finish up talking to the rest of the coaches and head home.

As I'm pulling into my driveway I see another car here and I quickly realize it's my old friend Melissa. I haven't seen her in ages. She moved away when she got a job in North Carolina as a lawyer, she said she wanted to be close to family.

"Holy shit!!! Melissa how dare you surprise me like this! You know I hate surprises. But I love you so come here!" I embrace Melissa in tight hug.

"Come on let's go inside." I say as I release my death grip on my best friend.

"It's been so long!" Melissa exclaims. "Too long!" I say back bringing her into another bear hug. She's always been tinier than me s it's fun to squeeze her tight.

"So how's everything been?" She asks as we sit in my dining room. "You know just started my first teaching job and I'm also the school's new softball coach!"

"That's awesome Ash! I remember when we kicked ass in high school. We were the best damn players that school had." She was right. Me and Melissa were always the best. We even got voted captain and co-captain our sophomore year, and that never happened.

"How long are you in town for?" I ask.

"About a week, I was wondering if I could stay with you actually." She asks hesitantly. "Bitch please you know you don't have to ask, you're family." I say laughing. I get up to cook us something to eat.

"Chicken Parmesan?" I ask. "You know me so well." She happily replies. 

Brooke's POV

"I'm so excited for tryouts, I'm so happy we have a softball team, I'm so happy Ms. Smith is our coach, I just can't wait to get out there and play!" I ramble to Saige.

"Why are you so happy Ms. Smith is the coach?" She asks.

"Huh?" I say not realizing that I had said anything about Ms. Smith.

"You said you were so happy Ms. Smith is our new coach, Why?" She asks.

I haven't told anyone other than my roommates that I thought Ms.Smith was sexy as hell. I might as well tell Saige, after all she is my best friend.

A/N

Sorry this chapter kinda sucks I know It's just kind of a filler chapter so the next ones will be better!