Chapter 2

Brooke's POV

The rest of my day is pretty easy. I've already taken all my required classes I need to graduate, plus a few more. After English I go to theatre, followed by culinary arts, and my last class of the day I'm a teachers aid for my favorite teacher, Mr.Blair. He teaches French and he's also the theatre teacher. All I do is grade papers for him and he sometimes uses me for projects and extra help with the students. I took French 1,2,and 3 my sophomore year so I'm pretty fluent.

"will you go make me some copies in the teacher's lounge Brooke?" Mr. Blair asks. "Yea sure how many?" I say grabbing the paper from his hand. "35 please" He answers. "Alright" I say as I'm headed out the door. I put my headphones in and  turn on Fifth Harmony's song Sledgehammer, I love them so much. I walk down the hall and turn to go into the teachers lounge. I'm glad there is no one occupying the copier. 

As I'm jamming out waiting for my copies to print out I feel a tap on my shoulder and I jump out of my skin. I'm frightened very easily. "Oh hi Ms. Smith, sorry I get scared easily," I say as she raises an eyebrow. "Having fun?" She chuckles. I blush not knowing why I am. "Sorry do you need  the copier?" I ask trying not to make a complete fool of myself in front of my incredibly sexy English teacher. 

I grab my copies and hurriedly walk out of the teachers lounge waving at Ms. Smith. As I'm walking back to Mr. Blair's room I can't stop thinking of how hot Ms. Smith is. But that's wrong. She's my teacher. Plus she's not even gay. As I walk into the room I push all of the thoughts of her to the back of my mind. 

The bell rings and I'm so glad. One of the best things about living in Cali is that almost everyday it's nice and I just ride my long-board down the pier. Then I take a walk down to the ocean and just watch the waves. I'm so fascinated by them, however I've never been in the ocean. I'm terrified. I have no idea why, I just have this concept that once I step into it, I won't come back to shore. Sounds crazy I know. 

Ashley's POV

I decide to stay a couple hours after school to decorate my room. A few posters here and there and some quotes should do it. After I'm finished I make my way to my car. On the way there I see the Principal and stop him briefly. "Hey Mr. Howard, got a moment?" I ask. "Oh Ashley! How was your first day? Were the kids nice?" He asks. "Oh the kids were more than nice! It was a good first day, I think it'll be a good year." I say. "Good. So what did you need?" He asks kind of sounding like he's in a hurry to get somewhere. "Well I was talking to one of my students today and she said that they won't have a softball team this year?" I ask nervously. "Yea our previous coach quit and moved across the country with her husband." He replies. "It's kind of shitty actually, because our softball program was really good." He continues. "Well are you looking for a new coach? I played softball all through grade school up to my senior year, so I kind of know the ropes." 

"Actually that would be great Ashley! No one has showed any interest in being the new coach. I'll tell you what. Don't say anything to your students, tomorrow we are having a rally in the gym to introduce the sports and the coaches. So tomorrow I'll announce you as new softball coach. How's that sound?" He says excitedly. "Very good sir, thank you sir." I answer. 

"Good" He says as he leaves. I walk to my car to go home and get the rest of the week's lesson plans together. 

Brooke's pov

I ride my long-board home to cook something to eat. When I get there it seems only Monica and Brad are home. 

"Hey guys" I say as I enter the kitchen. "Hey little lady how was your first day?" Brad asks. "Pretty easy actually, oh and I've got a pretty sexy English teacher," I laugh. "Oh lord Brooke, just no sex in the teachers lounge," they joke around. "Yea haha guys very funny." I say sarcastically. "What are you guys making? Smells like breakfast?" I ask. "That's because it is. Here have a beer." Brad throws me one. "Oh no thanks, I'm still regretting last nights drinks." I say as we all laugh.

A/N- Hey guys sorry for the late update, but i'm gonna start updating a lot more. Please vote and comment to tell me what you think! xx 

                                                                          Abby.