Chapter 3

Brooke's POV

I decide to watch a little bit of Netflix while Monica, Brad, and I wait for Joel and Rachel to get home from shopping. Rachel and Brad were both off today since they work at the same place. So Rachel decided to take Joel shopping for an interview outfit.

"What do you wanna watch guys?" I ask Monica more so than Brad since he's on the phone. "How about Orange Is The New Black?" I nod my head in agreement since it's my favorite show. I swear I've watched both seasons more than four times each. I don't have a life so I just watch Netflix, especially since there hasn't been softball in a while. God I really miss it. It really helped me with my bipolar too. I guess that's why I was such a good pitcher, because I could let my anger out by throwing fast balls.

"You guys are seriously watching that season again?" Rachel asks as she enters the room. "Duh, It's amazing," I say as Joel plops down beside me. "Ooooh this is my favorite episode!" Joel exclaims. "How can you guys even watch that? It's just a bunch of lesbians who have sex with each other in prison." Rachel groans as she walks out. "Exactly!!" Joel and I exclaim happily.

We all walk into the kitchen to get a plate and sit around the table. "Apparently Brooke has a super hot English teacher," Monica says. "Oh really? How old is she?" Rachel asks. "I'm not sure but she looks pretty young. It's her first year teaching too." We talk about everyone's day as we finish our meals.

"I'm going to take a shower because I feel gross," I say to the roommates. "Don't use all the hot water!" Brad yells as I walk into the bathroom blatantly ignoring him.

Ashley's POV

I'm really excited about tomorrow, I bet Brooke will be really happy. Not just her of course, everyone else as well. What is it about that girl that makes me think this way. I'm sure it's nothing. I just have got to ignore it, after all she is my student and that would be wrong.

It's already 10 P.M. and I swear I just sat down at 6. I should fix me something to eat. I get up to go reheat some pasta I made last night. I like cooking, I just don't feel like it tonight. Cooking was always Holly's thing. I really miss her. I've never even let myself look at another girl since her. It just doesn't feel right, That's why It's so crazy that I looked at Brooke today.

I just need to lay down, I'm giving myself a headache thinking of all this.

I finish my pasta and go upstairs to go to bed.

I look over at my clock and It's only 6 A.M. and I usually don't get up till 7, but this morning I decide to wake up a little earlier than usual. I turn off my alarm so it won't go off and I jump in the shower. After I'm done showering I pick out a cute black leather skirt that hugs my ass just right, with a white button up dress shirt. I decide to straighten my hair for the first time in forever. Usually its wavy or curly. I put on some light makeup and put my black lace heels on. I look pretty damn sexy if I do say so myself.

It's now only 7:15 so I decide to make some toast and coffee. Around 7:30 I head out the door and drive to the school which is only about a 15 minute drive. I feel really good today. No negative thoughts or feelings, I can tell it's gonna be a good day.

Brooke's POV

Since I came in late yesterday I decide to get up early and get to school early to show Ms.Smith that I meant it when I said I'm usually always on time. I decide to present myself a little more decent today. I put on a pair of black shorts with a low cut Vans t-shirt and my favorite pair of Vans, and I decide to curl my hair today. After I'm all ready I ride my board to school, good thing I live right beside it.

I meet up with my friend Saige and then head to class. I'm actually the first one in there, of the students at least. Ms.Smith looks deep in thought as she reads and drinks her coffee.

"Good morning Ms.Smith. How're you?" I say. "Oh Brooke you startled me. I didn't figure you'd be here this early." She says. "Oh well I usually am, yesterday was just a mess up."

"Oh okay. You look good today, not that you didn't look good yesterday I just mea-" She stops herself realizing what she is saying.

"Uh thanks Ms.Smith, so do you." I say trying not to blush. Actually she looks fucking sexy. Her long brown hair pushed behind her ear, exposing her trail of ear piercings. Her blue eyes look especially bright today.

"Sorry I didn't mean to-" She's cut off by the herd of students piling in. I take my seat in the back and take out my things.

Ashley's POV

"Good Morning class, today you will get your copy of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and we will read the first few chapters and have discussion."

I start handing out books to the students and pass by Brooke's desk as I hand her the book our hands brush and I get chills. I quickly turn around and go on. Once I've got all the books handed out I select people to start reading.

I can't believe I said those things to Brooke, I just wasn't thinking. And when our hands touched it felt weird and tingly. I don't look at Brooke the rest of the class. I really hope I didn't freak her out. I really need to learn how to control my thoughts.

The bell rings and all the students are dismissed to their next class. Brooke leaves quickly without even glancing at me. She seems very freaked out, fucking great.