Chapter 10: The apology, and the truth

Elliana: Would you excuse me?
Elliana's pov: heads to the bedroom and cries.
Pasha: That was really mean.
Sophia: I know I'm sorry.
Pasha: don't say sorry to me.
Sophia's pov: heads into the bedroom.
Elliana: You do not know me, Carter.
Sophia: What's the big deal? You'll be back with your servants and your personal chef and private tutors soon enough.
Elliana: How much did your father tell you about me?
Sophia: Other than the obvious, I think we're on a need-to-know basis. Apart from he kinda told me about how u found your dad.
Elliana: I think you need to know that my name
is actually Ellianabelle Rosalinda Walmsley, and I am a royal princess.
Sophia: No kidding.
Elliana: I am from a small island nation called Costa Luna.
Sophia: Never heard of it.
Elliana: It is not on most maps. It is very small, very unimportant to the other large countries, but it's very important to me. When my father died, he left Costa Luna to me.
Sophia: Ellie...You don't have to tell me...
Elliana: One month before my coronation, our palace was attacked. Your father was very brave.
Sophia: He risked his life for you, I know. That's his job. He rescues poor, oppressed princesses.
Elliana: Did he tell you we had to leave my mother behind? The man who invaded Costa Luna now holds her as a hostage. I've also never been away from her before. All of This is really hard for me. I miss my dad, so much. As I was the one who found him laying there unresponsive. I really wish I could contact home. But I can't. I miss them so much.
Sophia: I didn't know.
Elliana: They told me that being this fake version of myself aka Ellie Birlem. was the only way to keep her safe.
Sophia: Stop. It's okay.
Elliana: Sophia, whatever I did to make you dislike me, I am truly sorry. I will try to blend in, I will try to be from Iowa. It is the only way to save my mother's life.
Sophia: Let's just start over.
Elliana: I would like that.
Sophia: But you need to lighten up on this princess stuff. It's really annoying.
Elliana: Absolutely. Please, I only want to be this typical American teenager.
Sophia: You know what? I think we can arrange that.