II - Endless Nightmares

Nerissa notices herself walking on the desolate ground, not knowing where she is going. The sky is very bleak with all the eerie thunder screeches. She could hear her every step and shaking breath until she noticed a dark-cape figure standing alone, far away from her. She attempts to approach the mysterious figure, and it suddenly faces her. Nerissa could only see his blood-colored eyes, the same thing as hers.

Suddenly she felt her body could not move at all. No matter how much she struggled, it didn't move an inch. It feels like she could taste her powers, what her victims felt when they got controlled by her. But how could this be possible? Does the man have the same power as hers? His feet strut to get close to her, intimidating.

"We, Akeldamas, could only bring catastrophe to everyone near us." The man speaks with a deep and echoing voice, "Remember that."

Nerissa quickly fell to the ground and felt her body was free. She could move her own body once again. But the mysterious figure is gone nowhere. However, there's a strange liquid sensation on her skin. When Nerissa struggles to rise, her eyes meet her older brothers. He is lying there dead with blood all over him. She starts to realize that she is now in a sea of corpses. Everyone she knew was here—her brother, her father, Boboiboy and his gang, her comrades—lying motionless.

It is the first time in a while that Nerissa senses fear in her heart and feels miserable. The horror she witnessed could be remembered. Her trembling fingers touch her brother's cold and pale face. She struggled to speak and couldn't even notice her tears falling.

"Who?" Her voice was shaken, "Who could have done this?"

"Nerissa..."

Nerissa recognizes that voice, and it is Kaizo. She saw him on his knees, horribly beaten, and in front of him was a girl. That girl is Nerissa, holding a red sword dripping with the blood of her victims. Kaizo would be the last victim of her massacre.

"Please..." He pleaded, "Wake up... I know you're in there."

"Your lover is dead, Captain." The girl speaks, "She's gone."

He exhales his last breath, "I love you-"

Nerissa, from afar, witnessed his death and screamed her heart out as she watched the other strike the red sword into his body, and he didn't even try to resist. It's like he just accepted the pain. She pulls out her sword and watches him fall to the ground, dead. Nerissa heartaches and feels helpless as she watches the other exhale in victory.

"Nerissa?! Nerissa! Nerissa, can you hear me?!"

"WAKE UP!"

Nerissa opens her eyes with heavy breathing and sweat. She saw a dark ceiling and a big window showing the galaxy. But most importantly, she saw Kaizo, alive and on the same bed. It seems like he helped her escape from the horrible nightmare. Kaizo was worried about her and placed her hands on her cheek to ensure she was all right. She could feel his warm skin and tears falling. Nerissa quickly came to his embrace to ease her sadness.

"Oh god, Kaizo, you're alive." She sniffles, "You're alive."

Kaizo comforts her, "Yes, Nerissa, I'm still alive. Is it that nightmare again?"

"Yeah. But this time," She clears her throat to speak, "It's terrible."

He gave her a quick kiss on her cheek, "What is it?"

"I killed you, Kaizo."

Hearing those words, Kaizo could imagine how it would feel if he were in the same dream as her. He thought of these episodes as if they were like a prediction. But he hoped those kinds of things would never happen in the future. Right now, the most important thing to him is that Nerissa is safe and sound, comforting her.