I - Back on Track

Kaizo finally gets out of his sick bed three months after the Alexander incident. Nerissa was surprised that his recovery would be that fast. She thought it would take 7 months or longer to recover from serious injuries. Perhaps, it's because of the advanced technologies they got in the facilities, much expected in an alien spaceship. Still, Nerissa was happy to have him back again with her. She could really use his help with her missions. Since Kaizo's sickness, Nerissa has been tasked with many missions to regain her reputation amongst the TAPOPS and TEMPUR-A crews. Things had been, let's just say, getting better for her.

Additionally, the TAPOPS facility has done its reconstruction with many advancements. The entire crew thanked TEMPUR-A for all of their aid and service. Hopefully, the new facility won't be destroyed again. It really made the economic management go downhill. Everyone gets a new bedroom. Yet, unfortunately, Kaizo and Nerissa kept their spaces apart, formalities. He would go to her room if he was in the mood, and so did his better half. Of course, they'll try their best to get their voices down. Once again, they were back on track.

Right now, they are on Neuronda. Admiral Tarung tasked them both to capture a power sphere. He said this sphere was once in one of their soldier's care, but suddenly, a group of thugs claimed it from their grasp. From their description, those thugs were heavily armed with cyber weapons. Hence, Tarung thought this would be perfect timing for the two to return to the field again.

The group of thugs came out from a metal gate and aggressively drifted their vehicle to the right. They have the power sphere connected to wires and have their comrade reprogram it. The plan is once the reprogramming completes, they will use it as they please. The benefits are enormous. But they would never know if someone is going to recapture it.

"Oi, you fuck! Could you go any faster?! He's right behind us, dammit!" Said one of the thugs.

"BE FUCKING QUIET, BITCH!" The fat driver shouts, "Don't you see I am TRYING?!"

Behind them, a masked man on a blue sportbike hits the gas to pursue them. He's getting closer and closer.

The programmer suggests, "Just focus on slowing him down!"

The thug swallows his saliva and then snarls, "Shit!"

He pulls out a large machine gun and adjusts its aim. The biker quickly summons his energy shield when he's about to pull the trigger. Lasers shot at him, yet he managed to dodge them all. The strange thing is that the blue energy shield left the thug stunned, and he fell to his knees.

The programmer blares his eyebrow, "The fuck is wrong with you?!"

"B-Blue...Energy Shield..." The thug stammers.

"A what now?!"

The thug attempts to get himself together and peeks from the vehicle. He sights the biker pulling his sword hilt and a blue blade. He heard some stories of that blade. It eliminated many men who dared to use a power sphere for a wrong cause. To him, he is a very dangerous rebel. But once the biker reveals his face, it leaves him flabbergasted.

"C-Captain..."

The driver suddenly shouts, "Oi! What's going on back there?!"

"Just keep driving, you punk!" The programmer responds, "What the hell are you doing?!"

"CAPTAIN KAIZO!!"

"WHAT?!" The two thugs were shocked.

"GAS!!"

The fat driver stomps his feet on the gas, and it keeps getting faster. They thought they could get away from him, but it's the opposite. Kaizo is still behind them. There's no other choice for them other than fight. The thug returns to his machine gun and continues shooting directly at him. Kaizo sets his bike on autopilot and deflects every shot with his sword.