"Exactly, tryna make my baby uncomfortable and shit," Makai grumbled, Ari just laughed at them.

"Look, Suga. If you don't wanna go nobody's gonna make you and you can try anotha' time when I'm thea' or sumthin' "He assured her. Ari looked at Tech who just shrugged.

She looked at the door again watching people walk in and out "I-I'ma do it. I'll go in" She sighed.

Makai smiled "Prada you. Tech gonna be wit' you so you'll be aight" He said, she nodded taking her seatbelt off. "Okay, lemme go befo' I changed my mind again." She chuckled as Tech killed the engine.

"Aight, remember jus' take yo' time and don't go in thea' blaming yourself fa' stuff you can't control" He reminded her already knowing she blamed herself for being in the world when she shouldn't be.

She nodded "I'll try, I love you" She smiled.

He chuckled "I love you too Suga, I'll see you tomorrow" He smiled before hanging up.

Ari smiled, she loved to hear him say that because nobody has ever said that to her before. It felt nice to be loved and in love instead of hated.

She looked over at Tech who was just mugging her "Yall disgust me. Exactly why I'on come around y'all mothafuckers" He grumbled, getting out of the car.

She started laughing, they really needed to find his hater self a girlfriend.

_________________

"So I get my cookin' skills from you?" Ariyah chuckled, pushing her plate away after she finished eating.

Simone scratched the back of her next "I'on know about allat na'. I can cook but baking has never been my strong suit" She chuckled.

Tech nodded his head, agreeing with her "I still remember she burnt my birthday cake when I was 13. I've never seen a pitch-black birthday cake befo' " He shook his head, and they both laughed.

"It sure did. Been getting their birthday cakes from Sams and Kroger ever since now I can come to you" Simone chuckled, and Ari nodded agreeing.

"That's just like me though. I can cook some things but Kai is a better cook than me and I'm the baker." Ari giggled.

So far the lunch has been going well. Ari was still a little nervous but she's like that with all new people but Tech has been a big help with reading her comfortably and bringing up topics to talk about. Ari has learned they have a lot of things in common, like liking certain things in common.

Ariyah couldn't help but feel a little jealous at the stories of Tech and Simone that they were telling and she missed all of that.

"He better know how to cook. I didn't waste my time teaching all of them for nothing when they were kids. Used to stress me out" She shook her head.

"So do you only make cakes or..."

Ari shook her head "No but they do sell more. But anything sweet like cookies, pies, kettle popcorn crack grapes, donuts. Oh and I make my own homemade vanilla ice cream" She explained.

"You gotta try ha' ice cream. It tastes better than the ones in the sto' " Tech shook his head.

"Your own ice cream?" Simone asked, shocked.

Ari smiled and nodded "Yeah, it goes good with the peach cobbler I make. They love it when I make it or when I make strawberry shortcakes," She explained.