Chapter 41: Eyes Of Resentment

Start from the beginning

Perhaps Evan, Maria Eleonora's father, might not raise a rebellion this time.

And maybe... The Previous King could really escape.

If Leonardo is worrying about the Previous King, then I think that it is only logical. No matter how small a crack in the mystical forest is, there is now a probability that the motherf*cker previous king could escape.

It'll be a big problem if that happened...

After all, there is a reason why they can only imprison the previous king, instead of killing him.

The previous king, the descendant of the Golden Dragon, is a person who is almost an immortal because of his enormous mana. He can't be killed easily, when they planned to take away his throne away from him, they only barely won.

That man is a dangerous person. No one would deny that the tyrant is an intelligent person despite being lecherous and greedy.

Just remembering the fact that I almost became his Concubine is terrifying.

If he ever escapes...

If that man ever escapes...

My eyes became cold when I suddenly remembered someone. 

My fist suddenly clenched when I remembered one of my memories that I had almost forgotten throughout the years that I choose to spend in a happy life.

If the Previous King ever escapes...

I'll kill him.

A memory of an angelic beautiful woman with a dazzling chocolate hair and a golden eyes appeared in my memories. 

The woman had a captivating and warm smile on her face as she welcomed a little girl running into her arms.

The woman who was accused of a false adultery.

The late Duchess of Velasquez family.

My mother.

"Your eyes are forever terrifying for me, Gabriella," I suddenly heard a voice. I woke from my thoughts as I glanced at Leonardo. "Your friends always cling to you because of your warm and captivating smile, but they've never seen your eyes full of resentment."

"What are your thoughts, Gabriella?" Leonardo asked.

Eyes full of resentment?

Are you kidding me?

The serious expression on my face suddenly cracked as I made an ugly face. "The heck are you talking about?" I asked. "Nothing such as resentment exists in my life, it's actually the opposite of that."

"Are you sure?" Leonardo asked. "I've been staying in this manor for days, although we haven't talked for the past few days, I've seen a glimpse of resentment in your eyes when you look at your father."

"I know that you are genuinely happy, Gabriella, but I've known the real history of your family for years," Leonardo paused before looking intently into my eyes. "Have you ever forgiven your father for being a coward?"

When he asked that question.

I became silent.

Forgive? Coward? Resentment?

I stared coldly at Leonardo using my dull orbs that were reflected in the shining moon. A few laughs escaped from my lips as I brushed my hair in frustration.

This damned merchant.

Congrats for digging that memory. Congrats for revealing it.

"Did you know where my name came from?" I asked Leonardo.