08. rescue on ryloth

*adding my little note here instead, but i realized i never really added a photo of what i visualize mara's outfit to be post order 66. i can't draw so i just edited a pic of yelena belova's outfit from hawkeye with red (shown above and ill add it to her oc notes in my oc book too) cause it's my fanfic and i make the rules. it's the closest to what i picture her wearing in my head. i try not to describe any looks in general just to give creative freedom for how you picture mara, despite her faceclaim being tessa thompson (also shown above cause i felt like it). that's mostly just there for how i visualize her and the gif below doesn't match any scene, i just felt like showing it for a reminder of her lol. i'll edit grammar/spelling and stuff later but for now, enjoy!*

The moon they had landed on was entirely desolate except for the three Twi'lek standing outside the Marauder, likely the clients Cid spoke about when giving them this simple delivery mission

The moon they had landed on was entirely desolate except for the three Twi'lek standing outside the Marauder, likely the clients Cid spoke about when giving them this simple delivery mission. Claiming Hunter and the Batch would like it considering it was helping the Twi'Lek people overcome the Imperial presence on their planet, one that had been relentlessly torn with war since the start of the Clone Wars. Mara and the 104th had been sent for reinforcements on the planet only once and their aid didn't do much. It was almost never ending on Ryloth and one of the few battles that Mara and Wolffe felt they had clearly lost.

Groaning, Mara lifted up one of the crates Cid had provided for the Batch to give the Twi'Lek buyers.

She didn't have Wrecker's strength to be able to carry more than the one crate compared to the three that Wrecker carried. Before the war, Mara had her body in what she considered to be its peak condition. She was strong enough to carry her own and handle herself but lithe enough to get away with the acrobatic moves that came with her fighting style. She would train with the clones under her command, even participating in arm wrestling with the Wolf Pack and other fresh cadets given to the 104th. Now, though, she was rusty. She still considered herself in the shape she wanted herself to be at but her body wasn't used to the stunts she used to be able to pull off.

Tech didn't mind that though. In fact he stuttered a bit in his steps to follow Mara out of the ship as he watched her lift the heavy crate with relative ease. He had to shake the train of thought of simply admiring her before he made a fool of himself.

"Are you Gobi? Cid sent us," Hunter spoke to the blue skinned Twi'Lek. Next to him was a much younger Twi'Lek, likely around the age of Omega and then one likely around Mara's age.

"Along with two- three dozen blasters and a case of thermal detonators," Tech added, having to correct himself. It seemed his realization of feelings towards the former Jedi had affected him more than he realized and he wasn't even focusing on her at the moment.