06. reunion

*quick little note here, i'm a little unsure of how i placed a few scenes so pls let me know what yall think!*

"Rex warned us about the scrapper patrols on Bracca," Echo began. "We should leave," He advised. Mara sat next to Tech, who was certainly not paying attention to the conversation his brothers had begun about where to go next. They had taken shelter on the large cruiser to rest up before they made their way back to Ord Mantell. Now that rest had been achieved and all their chips had been removed, they had a moment to decide what to do next. Stay on Bracca and loot while they could or leave. Mara and Echo seemed to be the only ones on the same page about leaving as soon as possible. She knew the rest wouldn't but with a bounty on all of their heads, especially surviving Jedi, the Scrapper Guild was the last thing the Batch needed to be dealing with.

"In our present situation, we need money," Hunter argued. "And we have a chance to make a lot of it right here."

"Ha! In this dump? How?" Wrecker asked, laughing at the prospect. Around them was entirely taken looted and crumbling cruisers, ships and more. On a planet like Bracca, there couldn't be much left for them. They weren't scrappers after all.

"Tech, what's the potential haul inside this cruiser?" Hunter turned to the two sitting behind him.

"My scans indicate the armory and artillery bag have not been fully off-loaded," Tech replied, adjusting his goggles as he spoke. "The dianoga must have kept the scrappers away."

"Just a few of those weapons should clear our debt with Cid," Hunter pointed out, turning back to Echo.

"We're soldiers, not arms smugglers," Echo shook his head.

"There's no Republic for us to rely on anymore. We're presented with an opportunity here. We have to take it," Hunter countered in response.

"I would also add that the intel from the bridge's central system has the potential to be worth far more than any weapon," Tech spoke up. "There's plenty of information on the clones, Jedi, maps of countless different places, and battle strategies depending on whose cruiser this was. If Tech and I can get the ship running, we can easily get that data. Way better than the droid head we fumbled," Mara added, shrugging.

"Good. Tech, Mara, get to the bridge," Hunter nodded. Both of them stood up, Tech taking his helmet from Mara's lap and slipping it back on. "Get the power online and whatever intel you can gather."

"Uh, what do we do about them?" Omega asked, motioning to the three scrappers Wrecker and Echo had stunned just before this. According to Omega, Wrecker's teaching of explosives was a bit more practical than expected and attracted unwanted attention. None of them had much comfort upon Omega's comm that Wrecker was in pursuit, yet paired with Echo, they made quick work of the Scrappers.