Final Chapter

"Ella, have you seen the brown box under my bed?" I asked Ella as I was cleaning my room. I noticed that it was missing. That brown box was where I kept the letters I wrote to Jennie. Since from the very beginning, I never sent any of it to her.

"Ella?"

I was so focused doing the cleaning since earlier and just thought that Ella was downstairs. I walked towards her room as well but all I could hear is silence. Where did she go?

I called her a couple of times but still no answers found. I feel a bit nervous when I haven't found her anywhere in the house. It's uncommon for Ella to just walked outside without asking permission.

"Ella!"

I felt frantic thinking of what might happened to her. With a fast beating of my heart, I grabbed my jacket and car keys and ran towards the door. I need to find her right away.

But the moment I opened the door, my worries turned to relief when I saw my girl standing in front of me, about to hold the knob as well. I fell on my knees and quickly hugged her tight that made body squeezed by my arms.

"Oh my god Ella! Where have you been? I've been so worried about you!" I can't hide the nervousness in my voice. I'm so protective with it comes to my daughter.

Ella hugged me back. "I'm so sorry for making you worry Mama Lisa. But I need to give it to her."

Being confused to what she said, I pulled away from the hug and looked at her.

"What do you mean?"

Instead of answering, Ella stepped aside and looked at me before looking at her back. My heart is in complete chaos when my eyes met by a familiar pair of feline eyes staring back at me. I quickly stood up, mouth agaped looking at the woman who captured my heart from ages ago. Or maybe it didn't disappear at all. She was holding the brown box that I know too well.

"Lisa."

---------------

I asked Ella to go to her room which she gladly comply. Jennie was in the living room while I went to the kitchen to prepare some tea. How did she find me? How did Ella and her knew each other?

With still racing heart, I held a sigh before going back to the living room holding a cup of tea and put it on the table in front of her. Jennie didn't say a word and just nod. She slowly took the tea towards her lips but I could feel her stares as if looking deep down my soul. I'm still confused as to how Ella and her knew personally. But that's not the point. I need to get the brown box back.

"It's been a while." The only thing I said to ease the silence enveloping the atmosphere we were in.

Jennie put down her tea and got the brown box from earlier. I suddenly stood and was about to grabbed it but she put it away from my reach.

"Jennie, that's mine. I want you to give it back to me." I did it as calmly as possible. I did it one more time but still the same.

"Jennie, give it back to me!"

She stood, not bothered with what I did. She moved closer to my place. "Lisa, we need to talk."

With one deep breath, Anger started to consume my system. "There's nothing to talk about Jen. Whatever I wrote there is none of your business."

"None of my business?" This time, it's Jennie who raised her voice and scoffed. "I read everything Lisa. And I want you to listen to my side of my story."