Chapter 13

Dear Jennie,

Being a mom to Ella is so challenging yet, fulfilling at the same time. Challenging because she is a kind of a 10-year-old girl who is full of curiosity and wonder. She always asked questions every now and then that made me believe she thinks above her age.

If you would asked me who's Ella, she's my daughter and she's my life now. And I love her so much. She's the girl I mentioned from the previous letter I wrote to you. Can you still remember the orphanage we always visited when we're still Blackpink? I visited that orphanage seven years ago. There I met Ella, being the most active child on her group. Being curious as I am, I asked how Ella ended there at the orphanage. It's so unfortunate that her parents died when she's still a baby and there's no other relative who can take care of her. That's why she grow up being there.

My heart is captured by her Jen. So I made a big decision, which is supported by mom and dad. I adopt her legally Jen. She was 3 years old that time. Since then, having her in my life change everything, in a good way.

Like I said earlier, she would asked random questions. And it didn't stop until now that she's 10. She asks about me, our group Blackpink, which she's really curious about. I told her everything about the 3 of you. Then other day, she asked me about what happened if the stars doesn't exist. It made my laugh to be honest because I'm not a science genius myself, and you know that. So I asked the help of Google, took me hours before I had the answers she needed. Earlier, she asked again. But it's a different question this time that made me think the reasons behind it as well.

"Mama Lisa, why did you chose to adopt me back then? Why me?"

Why her? Ella reminds me of you Jennie. With those cat-liked eyes and chubby cheeks of hers, she looks adorable and cute. Despite of the fact that I wanted to forget everything about you, Ella change everything. Because of her, I learn how to be happy and alive again despite of all the things that happened to us in the past. I don't know what happened to me now Jen if Ella didn't become a part of my life.

Anyway, she told me she wants to meet you in person, together with Chaeyoung and Jisoo unnie. Do you think we can bond again?

Love,
Your Forever Lili 💕

----------