———

it was the afternoon and i'm already bored as hell. all i do is work like what i usually do everyday but it's still not the same when i'm at my office. i'm so used to hearing the sounds of fingers tapping on the keyboard, low murmurs from the employees and the ringing of the phones every now and then.

but here, all i hear is my own voice. it would've been nice if ella was around. maybe this quarantine isn't bad after all. i can used the time to hang out with ella. i'm just too busy with the expansion and all so i didn't have much time to be around her. i talked to her awhile ago and she seems to be enjoying her time with the kims so i let her be for now. i'll just find a way to get her back tomorrow.

my thoughts suddenly went to her other mom. after our little banter earlier, i haven't seen her. not that i'm looking for her. i was all locked up on my office in our penthouse suite. sometimes i can hear her faint movements outside my room. she did knock awhile ago asking if i want to eat but i just told her i'm not hungry. my ego won't let me go down and eat anything she prepared eventhough my stomach is craving to taste her cook again. jennie is an amazing cook but i stop tasting foods she prepares a long time ago.

———

the next day, i was having a zoom meeting with my team on the living room when jennie went down. the signal sucks in my office so i had to search every corner of the penthouse where i can get a good signal. i was just about to drink on my coffee mug but stop halfway when i saw jennie.

i can't remember the last time i saw jennie's morning face. jennie's bare face is just unmatched. it used to be the thing i always look forward to seeing every morning and i remember how i wouldn't mind getting late just so i can stare at her face for hours.

her hair is disheveled from her sleep, but she make it looks sexy. she's wearing an oversized shirt. i instantly swallowed when my eyes went down on her chest. before i can look away, jennie already notice my presence and caught me eyeing her. we locked gazes but i quickly avert my eyes and pretend that i was actually listening to what hanbin is presenting.

jennie disappeared on the kitchen and emerge 15 minutes later. i was watching her in my peripheral and i know she's coming on my direction.

why is she walking towards me?! i calmed my nerves and focus on the screen of my laptop. jennie put a plate with pancakes on my table. i drooled at the sight and smell but i feigned an uninterested look. i lift my eyes on her and give her a questioning look.

"eat." she mouthed and snatch the empty mug from my hand without another word. she came back and place my mug with new coffee before plopping her ass on the couch, her own coffee on her hand. i can't help but get warm at the gesture. i used to love when jennie takes care of me. hell, there's a lot of things i used to love until that fucking night happened.

it's like my eyes have a mind of their own because it keeps shooting towards jennie's direction. she didn't even bother changing, the sight of her laughing carelessly, looking so natural and soft makes my chest hurt. it's been a long time since i allowed myself to look at her. it's like everything she do is meant to look sexy. the way she flips her hair or bite her lips. it's driving me insane.

i can see her giving me side glances. she's aware my attention was mostly on her. that's why i know she's doing it on purpose. but i can't seem to look away. her shirt has ridden up, more of her creamy legs getting exposed and i swallowed so fucking hard.

this is not good. lisa look away. for fuck's sake, stop watching her! but before my body can get my mind's memo, jennie's already looking at my direction. i don't know how i look but she must've seen something in my eyes that made her lick her lips. she held my gaze for a long time, studying my expression.