At this point, it was likely 10am, so with a rush I trashed my wrapper into the dumpster and went through the gates of my backyard to get to the creek. Still sort of weird to enter the backyard that way, anyways, due to the big areas of this place already being explored, I supposed today would just be a wander and see what I come across kinda thing. On the way there, I found a cute little lizard on a rock, it was a five-lined skink… I think. It was gray-green with gray-light blue stripes. “Wow!” I took a few pictures of it, zooming the camera in as close as it could go. With a twist of the lens and a snap, it came out good. The skink licked its eye, ew, I quickly took a picture of it as well.

It continued basking on the rock, “I’ll leave you alone. Good day to you, lizzy!” I continued my adventure to the creek unless you wanted to call it aimless wandering. I ended up in a flower field. I sat down in it for a little while to take a break as this place was nice and serene. I brought my camera out once more and took a couple of pictures before deciding to move along, one of those pretty flowers tucked away in my backpack, in a place where it wouldn’t be crushed of course. 

At some point, I found myself at the stump, as per usual, J.P, Kelsey and Craig were all there. Though other than playing games or creating cool inventions, they were looking around for something. Craig looking under rocks, J.P was in the water but it seemed more like he was just messing around, Kelsey was in the trees, which is impressive considering how short she is. ‘She is crazy. Crazy COOL!’ 

“Hey Stump gang! What are you all up to?” Craig jumped a little but turned towards me and sighed, his shoulders sagged. “I lost my staff and I can’t find it!” Kelsey climbed down the tree and walked over. “It’s like some crazy emergency to him, I have made it my mission to assist him with his quest.” She held her sword into the air. J.P was still distracted in the water until he found a frog and ran towards us, “Guys! Guys! Check this cool frog I found! We should name it Stumpy Jr.!” 

“Aww, it’s kinda cute!” I grinned and he did so back at me, Kelsey poked the frog and J.P did his best to hold it away from her as he shouted something about her attacking his new child. “Anyways, Craig-y boy, mind if I help look for it?” He smiled and clasped his hands together thankfully, “that would be great! We need all the help we can get.” 

Craig went to go and gather his friends to continue the search once more. I looked around through the bushes, getting poked and scratched by sticks. I couldn’t find Craigs’ staff in any of the shrubbery but I did find an open bag of candy spilt everywhere. It could belong to Bobby but I should just leave it and move along. I do have more important objectives. 

After what felt like an hour, I came back to the stump, and guess what? I was stumped. The others came forward, no staff in hand. Craig looked utterly defeated and just so miserable. “No luck guys, sorry.” I frowned.

J.P raised a hand urgently, “Oh- Guys.”

“Yeah?” Kelsey questioned as he lowered his hand, “we should split up and look. Like the people in adventure movies n’ stuff!” Craig raised fingers under his chin like a check mark, “good idea! I’ll check the river in case it fell in the water earlier.”

Kelsey nodded, “Okay! I’ll check the meadow, since we were horsing around there the other day, maybe ask the horse girls if they’ve seen it.” I giggled at her pun but she didn’t seem to notice as she struck a pose, seeming dramatic, likely narrating or whatever again. “I’ll check the sewer.” I sighed through my nose, disappointed I didn’t get to go to the sewer to spend some time with Eileen while looking for the staff. “I’ll search the junk pile.”

Everyone went their respective directions, I walked over to the junk pile while swinging on tree branches every now and then. I opened the gate closed around all the trash and made my way in. There was a note on the ground, written in what could be described as chicken scratch. “Going to the dentist! Don’t steal anything 10 thieves!!” 

That pun was bad.’ I kind of supposed it was a good thing the junk lord wasn’t here today so I wouldn’t be disturbed or kicked out while looking around. Time to search!

   Credits to WorldinHand for Proof reading