Chapter 14

The gentle, warm rays of the sun caressing my cheek combined with the uncomfortable sensation of the armrest underneath me had me snapping my eyes open to be greeted by the glass table full of last night's untouched food and snacks, but....there was no sign of Elias anywhere.

Instead, my legs were propped onto the couch and I had the blanket covering my whole body like a burrito. I was so comfortable except for my neck that felt like it would go stiff on me from the uncomfortable position I was sleeping in.

Did Elias do this?

The sudden ringing of my cellphone that was vibrating from where it was on the table had me rolling my eyes and grabbing it.

Solana. - Kept on flashing from the screen so I swiped the screen and put it on speaker.

"Hello." I greeted.

"Hey Sel, I hope I didn't wake you up." She apologised.

"Nope, not at all. I just woke up, actually." I sighed as I sat up with a quiet hiss in pain from my strained neck.

"Good, because I'm on my way there now. I decided to bring you some breakfast as an apology gift for ditching you last time." She whispered the last part.

I swallowed my yawn and rather ran my hand through my hair while responding," You really didn't need to do that, Solana." I sighed.

"But I did. In fact, stop pestering me and just open the gate for me, please. I'm outside." She squealed, almost making me roll my eyes.

I made my way over to the camera footage and sure enough, my sister's car was parked outside so I pressed my remote button to open the gate.

The second it was open enough, she drove in and parked outside of my garage. I tiredly made my way over to the door and pulled it open before she could knock, allowing her to freely walk in.

"I didn't know I was being treated like royalty now." She dramatically gasped as she walked straight to the kitchen and dropped a paper bag on the table.

I sighed and closed the door before sticking my head into the kitchen.

"Lana," I called, which she hummed in response while turning to me. "I'll be right back, I just need to go freshen up quickly."

"Sure," She smiled with a shrug,"I'll be here helping myself to your ice-cream that I know you have." She accused to which I just raised my arms.

"Do as you please." I surrendered, before turning around and making my way to my room to brush my teeth and freshen up. I only took 15 minutes in the bathroom before I walked out feeling clean and fresh. I slipped on a clean pair of undies, bras and some black leggings, white vest and baggy yellow hoodie that went well with my yellow emoji morning shoes.

I pulled my damp hair into a messy bun at the top of my head before making my way back downstairs to find the kitchen empty of life so I made my way to the living room where Solana was sitting on the couch with her phone in hand and what I assume to be tea in the other in a foam cup.

"And you're finally back!" She celebrated," I'm starving." She cried.

"Then why didn't you eat without me?" I chuckled.

She simply shrugged before pulling out a burger and fries just so she could start devouring her fries.

"Anyway," She said after swallowing her third bite," I have something to tell you."

"What?" I cautiously asked as I grabbed my cup of hot chocolate.

"One of my colleagues who's very interested in you and is a doctor would like to go out to dinner with you if you're free tonight." She just as cautiously responded, if not more cautiously.