Chapter 2

Wow.

That's what rang through my mind, almost like a mantra as I stared at the gorgeous masterpiece called a house. It was gorgeous. The grey walls and dark grey gate complemented the grey home, the white ledges of the verander, the white doors and window seals, the grey flooring of the verander, the white garters and the blue-grey rooftops. The Victorian Styled home looked like a home taken out of a magazine and they say it's mine. No way.

"You seem quite pleased with the home." Samuel spoke from next to me with amusement lacing his words.

"More of in disbelief." I absent-mindedly chuckled as I turned to look at him.

"I don't blame you in the slightest," Samuel nodded as he also looked at the home with an unknown emotion, almost like nostalgia in his eyes and tone," Mr Hill maintained his home quite well."

I simply nodded as I scanned the minty green, even grass of the front yard that had me wanting to throw myself on it, but at the same time had me not wanting to even touch it. It looked like it had been trimmed to perfection just a few days ago. The person who dealt with Lawrence's garden had to have been a perfectionist because it looked nothing short of astounding. The grass looked so healthy, almost as though it's watered several times a day. The stone pathway leading towards the verander looked as though it was newly built. It gave the house an almost mystical and serene look and had me wondering how the inside looked.

The four trees that lined the walls had me internally squealing as I spotted a bench underneath one side of the wall. It would be a great place to be during a warm summer day, with a nice book in my hands, but the veranda held a swingset bench that was even more enticing that I had to bite the inside of my cheek as to not squeal and hop around excitedly.

"My my, you seem ready to run around screaming like a child after opening a Christmas present." Samuel mused from next to me with jester glimmering in his blue orbs.

"Can you blame me?" I briefly chuckled.

"I guess not," He smiled at me before gesturing to the house with a tilt of his head," Shall we?"

"Yes." I breathed out earning myself a chuckle from Samuel as he guided me towards the house, with me following close behind in awe.

"So, all the costs of garden maintenance are now on you, I'm afraid. You may hire anyone you wish to or you can simply uproot the grass and consider paving," He explained as he stopped in front of the door and inserted a key I had not noticed earlier, into the lock before twisting it earning us a resounding 'click' due to the silent atmosphere.

This house was in a quiet neighbourhood so the sounds of birds chirping was as clear as day. It was a nice neighbourhood, a family neighborhood as well. The swings on the front yards said it all, but this house was by far the largest and it was at the end of the road. Next to it was a respectable amount of forestry, but not quite a forest.

"Shall we?" Samuel suddenly asked, gaining my undivided attention as he gestured towards the open door.

I simply nodded and walked into the Pine wooden floored foyer with him at my heels. The light from outside poured into the house, illuminating the gorgeous entryway. As I said, the floors were a pine wood and were clearly well maintained. Not a single 'creak' sounded as I stepped onto them instead they were shiny and gave the house a slightly woodsy scent with a hint of sweetness from who knows where.

The walls were a creamy white that complemented the brown, pine wood flooring and white doors.

"Now, for the tour," Samuel said as the sound of the closing door sounded in the otherwise quiet and empty house as the light left the foyer, making it less bright, but still slightly illuminated. "So, there's the first door on your left which holds the coats, umbrellas and shoe closet then the second is your plain old janitors closet."