Chapter 13

"Okay, I don't know the type of movie genre you prefer, so I brought as many DVDs as I could." I explained as I stared at the lines of disks in front of me.

"I do not believe that I am picky, so any interesting film will do." He urged from where he sat on the armrest of the single person couch.

"Are you sure? So you won't mind watching, Barbie? Or Disney movies?" I teased but that only seemed to confuse him as he raised an eyebrow questioningly. His face furrowing in silent confusion.

"Pardon? What is this Barbie?" He asked with a cute tilt of his head.

"Okay?" I popped my lips," Let's leave it at that, how about we watch Bird Box?" I offered as I raised the disk case.

"The name sounds intriguing yet rather peculiar, however, I am willing to try. Perhaps I might not regret it," He shrugged with a soft smile. A smile that he seemed to forever be wearing, emphasising his naturally nice persona that I wish many people including myself had. For goodness sake, the man seemed effortlessly kind that I had to ask myself how he did it? Was he always this sweet or have years, centuries of life toned him down? But from what his appearance gives off, it seems like years of life have only amplified his natural personality which seems to include kindness and patience.

"Selena," A soft voice suddenly called, making me realise that my mind had slipped off to who knows where at some point. I quietly hummed in response and turned to him expectantly. "Are you alright?"

"Yes," I sighed," I just drifted off there for a second. So, you were saying?" I asked.

"I was saying that we could watch Bird Box and I was asking if you wanted to do something before we start our movie marathon. Perhaps you'd like to retrieve the snacks or pop some popcorn?" He explained to which I slowly nodded.

"Right," I trailed off," You know what, how about I eat and we watch the movie? I can fetch the snacks and pop some popcorn for either the next movie or sometime during this movie." I offered.

"As you wish, Little One. Whatever you would like." He urged as he gestured towards the blue screen that indicated that it was waiting for a DVD to be inserted.

"Okay, but what you want matters too." I reminded.

"Little One, I already have what I want. The rest is just a bonus, if you can refer to it as that." He shrugged with honesty shining in his eyes as he shot me a kind smile.

"And what is that, if I may ask?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You." He chuckled with a shake of his head. Clearly not noticing the silent implications that lined his innocent words and had my heart thumping.

"M-me?" I stuttered in disbelief.

"Yes you, my companion. All I ever want is to have a companion and you are offering me that so if a movie will entertain you in return for me not being lonely, then so be it. I will watch whatever you wish to watch, including whatever this Barbie is." He emphasised on the word Barbie as if it's foreign to him, which it probably is.

"Okay." I whispered as I moved to insert Bird Box into the DVD player. I made my way to the switch on the wall and turned it off before making my way back to the sofa that was illuminated by the screen.

I grabbed my blanket that I had brought down at earlier after fetching my food outside. I pulled my blanket over my body and snuggled into the couch while alternating between my food and the TV, but when I caught a pair of eyes staring at me from my peripheral view, I moved my eyes away from the TV and to the concentrated gaze from the other couch.