8.

While I watched Aaron chatter with his son, his wife, Elena, walk into the balcony.
I hid behind, so she wouldn't see me...
As she walks to Aaron and Dalton holding hands.
She asked to know whose child Aaron was talking with.
And God forbid, she gets to find out that, the boy standing before her, is none other but the son of who's a mother she put away years ago.

No matter what, Elena mustn't find out the truth, that truth I swore never to tell anyone about.
Aaron's mom walks into their midst.
"Elena, help me in the kitchen,". She said, turning away...
She didn't even notice Dalton, her grandson who was standing before her with two bucky eyes.

That's strange.

Minus the fact that she doesn't know the truth, the uncanny resemblance between both father and son could at least give her a hint of what's happening?..

I'm confused...

Elena left to be with Mrs. Mathilda in the kitchen, leaving Aaron and Dalton again, and alone on the balcony...

I hid, as she rode past me without even noticing my presence.
I slowly pull my head looking at Elena, somehow Dalton saw me doing just that, he slapped Aaron's hands off and came running after me

"Mom,!".  Dalton yelled.
As I turned, with fright.
He rushes and hugs me.
I was hoping I'd see Aaron walk out with him, however when I slightly bent my head, looking straight to the balcony; he was busy having a phone call.

Thank God. I can now leave with my son without any more drama.....

I don't think I'd contain myself, if by chance Aaron walks out with my son and Dalton introduces me as mom_ I don't know what I would do, literally.

Dalton held my hand and we left together, heading back to the party.

I met Mom looking over the staircase, at the right-hand side of the mansion.
Going up. You'd either choose to use the stairs either by the left or right.

I came down with my son, and Aaron's parents had their eyes glued on the cake, just being brought out with a huge knife, by one of the maids.
Their anniversary cake.
Aaron walks and stands in the middle of his parents, smiling and standing right next to him, Elena, whose hands were genuinely wrapped against Aaron's arms.

Right there from the crowd, I could see him feeling uncomfortable...

We were requested to sing for the celebrants.
As we all began, I couldn't help but get sickened by the manner in, which Elena's hand kept on romancing Aaron's arms.

What the fuck, is wrong with me?...

Mom hits gently my shoulders when she noticed me sweeping my eyes in anger.

"Samantha, are you okay,?".... She asked, trying to concentrate on what was the voices echoing.

I tremble my head, " Yes mom, I'm okay,".
In a convincing tone, I said, still, I felt like I was about to pass out...

I had to leave Dalton under the care of his grandmother, so I could at least get a breath of fresh air...

I feel so suffocated...

I went again to the balcony I had seen Aaron, I brought out a white handkerchief from my purse, and I wiped my head, cleaning off the sweats.

Why do I feel uneasy seeing Elena's hands romancing Aaron's arms?
But she's his wife, after all, am I perhaps jealous of seeing them together?..
It's been years; why do I feel like whatever happened between us just, literally happened yesterday...

And my wounds are yet to get healed.

After getting a chance to clear my head, I came back to the party, this time I had my smile on, as I walked into the midst of important guests scattered talking around.
I even noticed mom talking to some lady; alone, there was no sign of Dalton anywhere with her.

What the fuck?..

"Mom! Where's my son,?"...
My eyes looked around the party, hoping to spot him.

Mom held my head and grabbed me away from the lady she was busy talking with.

"Sam, may I remind you that this is a party,". She tells, " and for my grandson, he is with his other grandparents,"...
She points over to Aaron's parents.
I turned and as she said, Aaron was busy introducing his son to his parents; what is happening?.....

I take a walk to stop him or my son from talking any further.
Mrs. Mathilda was busy asking questions, I saw her mouth move, and the more questions she would want to ask the quicker Dalton expose that I am his mother...

I turned in a tasteful manner but bumped into the last person I'd want to see, Elena, Aaron's wife.
I keep saying that because she's practically his wife, crazy bitch.

"Whoa, Samantha, I see you staring at Aaron, "...
With a smirk on her face, she speaks to me.
I take a glass of wine from a waiter's tray before responding.
"I don't know what you're talking about,".  I shifted as if I was about to leave, however, she held my hand and brought me back to her face.
"You don't know what I am talking about,?".  Elena grins, she slightly bent her head over to look at Aaron and his parents talking to my son, she repositioned it looking again at my pissed-off face.
"Samantha,?" She called.
"What,!". I replied, rudely.
Again Elena bent her and said while looking behind me, "were you perhaps looking at the boy,'. She faces me, " is he your son,?".

My heart felt like the truth was about to be exposed, but strangely I dared to confirm her theory

"Yes, I am his mother, and the boy talking with Aaron is my son,".
I said and left her...

After my confrontation with Elena, the Party was finally to an end.
I and mom with Dalton both walked to the Uber cab I had to pick us up...
I open the door to allow Dalton to go in, and just then, we all heard Aaron calling out to him...
"Dalton,!" Aaron yelled as we turned, he was running after us.....
Dalton pulls away from me, as he anxiously waited for Aaron to get close.
Aaron did.  He bent down to his height, and he takes out a bag and handed it over to him, then said.
"This is for you son, thank you for coming,"

I see my son's eyes shimming with joy, as he opened Aaron's gift, he brings out a toy electric car with a remote.
He puts it back in and hugged Aaron.
"Wow,  awesome, ".
  He turns to get into the cab, but faces Aaron again and said.
"Thank you, dad,"......

That came pouring out.
With surprise at mom's and my face.

Mom looks at me and I looked right back.

Aaron kissed Dalton on his cheeks before leaving...

We got home some hours later, and Dalton rushes up to his bedroom, excited to try out his toy car, I did move out leaving as well, but mom held my hand back and said.

"What just happened,?"

"What exactly do you mean mom,?"
I said back to her...
"Don't you know or you're just being stupid," she released my hands, "look, my grandson just called his real dad, father, don't you think it's the best time to tell both of them the truth,?". She walks over blocking the door.

I shake my head, disapproving.
"No, it isn't," I said.
Mom gets infuriated by that.
She takes out a finger from her hand and warned me.

"You're going to regret everything you're doing right now, tell Aaron the truth, or else I will,".
She opens the front door and walked away...

Whatever happened back at Aaron's mansion is still a surprise to me; did my son just call Aaron his dad?...
This can't be a sign from the universe, can it??

No way, I'm allowing Aaron back into my life and not the life of my son...
He is mine and he doesn't have or need a father figure in his life, he got me.