6)

I bearly rested my back on my office chair when news from Dalton's school came to me by the principal, who claimed that my son had been in a fight with one of his classmates in school.
And the boy also had an injury on his forehead.

Immediately, I took an excuse from my boss, I  go to Dalton's school, and one of the teachers directed me to the principal's office.

I barged into the middle of two angry-looking parents, their son whose head had been plastered around.

"Dalton,"

I passed them and came hugging my son.
He falls his head down to my shoulders, trembling in fear.

"Miss Samantha, please seat down,".
Said the principal.
I carried Dalton up onto my lap, and I comfortably sat on the chair facing the table, that was right next to the parents my son had injured their son.

The principal clarified what had happened.
He says, Dalton got into a fight because his friend had ridiculed him for not having a Dad, which got him upset and he angrily hit a bat on the head of the boy.

Like seriously, where did he get the bat from?

After heeding what the principal had explained to me, I turned to the parents of the boy my son injured and begged on his behalf.

"You can't be serious miss Samantha," .said the dad of the little boy.
"Do you know how much your son has inflicted on my son, how dare he,"?

"Yes, I cannot take this,". Said the mom of the little boy.

Again. I begged them, I had my hand folded as they began to talk about how disappointed they were in my son.

I leave with Dalton afterward.
I go with him to the car, "get in,"  I said to him.
Obediently, Dalton jumped into the car, and we drove back home.

I know he must have a lot of questions about his father, where is he, and why hasn't he returned, It breaks my heart not to tell him that his father is living in the same city as us.

Dalton can't find out the truth, no matter what, but if he wants a dad, I might as well, find him one.
Even though it costs me my happiness.

Back home, Dalton gets into the house while I packed the car,  mom and I smashed into each other, and she sees Dalton riding to his bedroom.
"Is my grandson okay,?". She rolls her eyes at me, "what happened at school, I also got a call,".

"Actually mom, Dalton fought in school, with one of his classmates,".
I opened up as I walked upstairs to his room.

"I'm sorry what, a fight,?" Said, mom.
"What was the fight about,?".

I came confronting Dalton's bedroom, he was seated on the bed, sadly lowering his head.

"Mom, they mocked him about not having a dad,".
I told her,_ 

"Seriously,!".
She held my hand and forced me back to her gaze.
I tried to pull off her hand, then she said.
"Where do you think you're going to,?".

"My son's bedroom," I replied.
"Why! Haven't you don't enough damage,?"
She reprimanded.

"How's the heck is this my fault," I said back, " did I make my son fight in school,".

"No, but you're the instigator of the entire problem," she held my hand pulling me further away from my son's bedroom, "if only you had agreed to tell Aaron about his son, my grandson wouldn't have faced the humiliation of his friends making fun of him, "

"Oh really, now you bring in Aaron,?".
I ogled her, my hands angrily whacking my waist.

"Yes, I will and I wouldn't want to warn you again," she takes a walk forward, "Samantha, I love you, but find a way to get both father and son reunited, or else, I'll do it myself and wherever fear you have, I'll gladly make it come to pass,".

She takes off.

This can't be happening, what I'm I supposed to do, mom isn't someone to say a thing to and will eventually back out.

Do I have to make Dalton meet his father?
How will Aaron react to the news? Is he going to accept it or not?

I see Dalton looking through his room door. He finds me standing outside.
"Mom, come in," with a smile he says to me.

Guilty, I walked inside his bedroom.
He takes his hands out to me and forced me to seat on his bed, as he laid back his head on my lap...

I'm I doing the right thing by keeping a son away from his dad?
No day goes by, he doesn't miss his father,  the same person that abandoned us years ago.

Can I ever let go of the hurt?

NEXT CHAPTER LOADING........................