7.

I took off to the kitchen to get a glass of water from the fridge, mom was there preparing warm milk for Dalton.
Mom refused to look at me, even after I asked her to let me take the glass to Dalton's room.

She leaves the kitchen, personally taking it to him.
My boss, Mr. Ian, phoned me right after she left.

On the phone,  he wasn't sure about attending Aaron's parents' anniversary party at their place and wanted me to represent him.

Representing my boss is a bad idea.

I was just about to tell him that I also can't attend the party when Aaron walks into my house.

What's he doing here?..
Immediately I  disconnected my boss's call and came to him.
"What are you doing here?" I said.
"I was invited," he spoke, mom walks out of Dalton's bedroom, and she sees us talking.

I see her keep the glass on the table, as she ignored me and approached him.

"Dear, welcome,". She held Aaron's hand, "why did you come,?".

"I came to invite your daughter to my parent's anniversary," he faces me, " can you,?".

Mom turns to me.
"Aren't you going to your party,?".
"I don't know Mom," I said to her.
"Aaron is just inviting me,"

"Yes, so please just come,". Aaron said, "I'll be waiting,".

Aaron walks to the door but suddenly stopped.
He turns back again as he looked at me.
"Where's the little boy, whose photo frame I saw at your office table,". He asked, " Is he here,?".

I bearly answered.
When mom flinched right up and answered.
"His in his bedroom, my grandson, do I call him down,?".

How dare she?

Aaron however smiled and said.
"No need ma'am,".
He leaves, grinning at me.

Again mom began her same request_
Like why can't she understand?
Telling Aaron about his son is going to be the worst mistake.

Dalton's life will be in danger if ever anyone gets to find out the truth.
As well as my life. Yet mom isn't willing to understand, she's hell-bent on making both father and son meet.

After working hours, I got home. Mom was already dressed and she also dressed up my son.
Dalton looked so handsome in his little royal blue tux.
"Good evening mom,"
He jumped on me.
I pulled him up and kissed both his cheeks, mom looks at the time and asked me to go up and get ready for the party.

Party. Why do I feel scared to go?
And no matter how much I don't want to, I'll have to attend the party.

We got there after some time. Dalton immediately left my hand and rushed into the crowds.
I saw him going in the direction of the balcony.
I took off but hesitated when I saw him talking to his dad.
Aaron was busy having a conversation with his son.
He has no idea.

Am I doing the right thing by separating both father and son?.