Sirius Black... | 03

"People stared, at the makeup on his face, laughed at his long black hair, his animal grace".

- Lady Stardust | David Bowie

9 MONTHS LATER

August 6th | 8:42 am | 1995
Manhattan, NY.

The next 9 months were a nightmare for the young demigod, it seemed that all he did was cry until it felt as though he had no more tears left to shed. He saw the horrors of the previous events every time he closed his eyes and even when he was perfectly awake. His PTSD worsened considerably, he would find himself reliving the incidents over and over again. Sometimes it even last for days.

He just wanted it all to end, he wished nothing more than anything to join his family in Elysium but it would never happen. That was the worst part, he was forced to live many lifetimes even though one was far too much.

After multiple attempts of killing himself he realised it was useless, he would never get to see them again.

He had been trying for the last couple months to actually make an effort, if he can't die he might as well make life more bearable, he had built up somewhat of a routine. It was going well until this specific day, he had drank a lot the night before and got into a fight with some guys at the bar.

He wasn't even sure how he was allowed in the bar, he guessed it was because the bartender took pity on him. He knew his mother and Paul, they were friends, he knew what happened to them and how Percy was now alone in this cruel world.

He was still in the clothes he wore yesterday which seemed to smell a lot of blood and puke, gods he really drank a lot.

After a few moments of procrastinating he decided it was time he got up to take a shower.

So there he was, stood under the water, blood and dirt ran down his body into the drain. It was hard to not notice the many fresher scars that littered his body, they had mostly healed over the months but they were more visible than his previous scars. Then there were newer ones that littered his side... it pains me to say that they were not from a monster or another attacker, but himself.

After his shower, he changed into fresh clothes and sat down on the couch staring at the black tv. Memories flashed through this head and he tried desperately to push them away, before he fell too far into the trance a knock at the door interrupted his thoughts.

He stood up mindlessly and made his way to the door, opening it just enough so the person on the other side could see him.

"I'm looking for Sally Jackson" a man said and Percy looked up at him. He was tall-ish, with messy long dark hair and grey eyes. He wore strange looking clothes and Percy immediately knew he was most likely a wizard. He found it strange a wizard would be looking for his mother who had not been in the wizarding world since she was 11. What was weirder however, was the weird sense of slight recognition he got as he looked at him.

"She isn't here" Percy said, he was about to close the door when the man spoke.

"Are you sure? Can you tell me where she is?" The man asked.

"St Patrick's cemetery, row F plot 12" Percy replied and the man's face fell.

"Are... are you sure?" He asked, his voice breaking slightly as he looked at the boy with a frown.

"I think I would know where my mother was buried" Percy replied, growing slightly frustrated with the man.

"I didn't know Sally had a son..." he said looking at Percy with wide eyes, "what's your name?" He added.