Chapter 112: Some Contemplation

Start from the beginning

Namiko was struggling within herself, a part of her willing to just follow her Koibito, indulge herself in everything that is Itachi, a part of her trained to control her instincts since childhood trying to put a lid over all those frantic emotions.

Her hands rose up a little to touch him before twitching to a stop.

Itachi had no such qualms. He found his Koi too adorable to resist and cupped her cheek, meeting her lips in a kiss.

It was sweet barely for a moment after Namiko reciprocated, before Itachi brought out his tongue to make it sultry.

Namiko was lost in the feeling, something niggling in the back of her mind, while Itachi took the kiss for a turn more than their previous kisses.

After what seemed to be eternity, but also a moment, they separated and gasped for air as their foreheads touched, blue orbs meeting obsidian.

The spell was broken by and owl hoot, of all things.

They were good shinobi, so there was no visible sign of their startling. 

"Finally! I was getting bored by chasing bunnies in the woods and playing king of the jungle aside the lion. And here I am, beginning to think of ways to get you two mere inches apart without killing any one."

The two turned to see Kurama in his little fox form, yawning. Namiko could see the mischief sparking in his red eyes, and rolled her eyes.

A small chuckle reminded her of the presence of the Uchiha and she turned back to him, eyes showing a hint of shyness, but guarded.

"What was that?" She asked softly.

Itachi's smirk softened at the guarded look of his lover as he loosely embraced her.

He spoke simply, "You love me?"

Namiko spared a moment to think why the hell was her lover asking this question before replying, "Yes."

"Very much?"

"Very much." Emphasized with a nod.

"Good. Me as well. That was just us expressing it." Itachi punctuated it with a subtle shrug.

Namiko's eyebrows furrowed. "But why did it feel so..." she tried recalling and sorting out, "intense?"

Itachi's smirk returned, "That's just how intense our love is."

Namiko frowned, thinking. Itachi ruffled her hair a bit, distracting her as he said, "No need to rush. Think over this and whatever is troubling you, and share your thoughts so that we can sort it out together." He kissed her cheek as she nodded with a smile and walked to a small diner. It was agreed mutually to be a date.

But weren't all their outings dates?

Except missions that involved their teams together.

On their way, Itachi was trying out few jokes he heard from Shisui and his friends. Namiko was laughing at them and giggled a bit at his attempt to blend his serious demeanour with his crack at humour, when she saw a child running with his father following him, chiding him to be careful. Her thoughts went back to Seiichi, and Tsunade.

Itachi noticed the subtle change in her emotions, "Something on your mind?"

"Seiichi" was the the simple reply.

"The boy is adjusting well here." Itachi gave his observations.

"Oh, he is doing very good."

"Hokage-sama is taking good care of him as his family."