51 - Where impoliteness runs in the family

Jaemin knew that he was doomed the second he heard Renjun slam the front door, and by the time the furious barista reached the living room, Jaemin had already hidden behind confused-looking Jisung who was just trying to live his life and do his math homework.

"You shouldn't be violent in front of the baby!" Jaemin tried to reason with Renjun while shaking Jisung by his shoulders as if he was a human shield. "Think about the child! Hasn't he suffered enough?"

Renjun, who had stormed towards them, halted in the middle of the room to consider his roommate's words. Then he glared at Jisung. "Move. Go study somewhere else."

"Oh boy", Haechan's elated voice echoed through the apartment. "This sounds tasty!" The damn otter was more like a bloodhound based on how quick he was to pick up the scent of drama.

Jisung frowned at Renjun but didn't move an inch. "You shouldn't fight."
Jaemin had been smart to baby him enough to win over his loyalty. What a cheap trick. Renjun gritted his teeth together, attempting to murder Jaemin with his eyes over worried Jisung's head.

Jaemin chuckled awkwardly. "How are you doing, Injun-ah?" He flashed his most dazzling smile at Renjun – possibly hoping to blind him in order to escape, fake his death and become a reclusive monk hiding somewhere in the mountains. "Did you have a good – put that down!"

Renjun had picked up a chair and was holding it over his head.

"You tricked me", Renjun said in a monotone voice, still holding onto the chair. "Was it fun?"

"Ye- No. Of course not." Jaemin started blinking rapidly. "I mean, what are you even talking about? I would never do such a thing to you! Don't be silly!"

When Renjun took a step towards them, Jisung lifted his lanky arms to his sides as if that way he could protect Jaemin. "He had your best interest in his heart. He just wanted you to be upfront with Chaewon."

Jaemin swallowed.

Renjun was itching to slam the chair against his pretty face then and there.

"He told you what was going on?"

On the previous night, after his dinner with Chaewon, Jaemin had been so secretive that Renjun had thought that no one would ever find out who he had been out with, let alone the reason behind the sudden dinner date.

"Of course he told us everything." Haechan leaned against the door frame with a smug smile on his face. Renjun had no idea when he had arrived to the scene. "Did you really think that he would've come up with today's beautiful plot on his own?"

Renjun wanted to pick another chair so that he could go for a double-kill. He should've known that the jealousy trick had been Haechan's doing.

Haechan's smirk widened when he saw how Renjun's eyes were travelling between him and Jaemin, trying to decide whom to attack first.

"Although, I got to admit that I'm disappointed in Chaewon's negligence. I thought that she would've played along a bit longer for it to be more effective. She is my childhood friend after all so she could've entertained our plan a bit longer."

"Lying makes her sick", Renjun spat out. "As her 'childhood friend' you know that and still you thought it would be fun to play around!"

Haechan waved the air dismissively. "You're the one who was trying to push her together with Jaemin out of nowhere."

Renjun opened his mouth to defend his actions but closed it when he realized that he wasn't going to tell the full story to them anyway. Instead, he turned to point at Jaemin.
"Why did you flirt with her so hard if you don't like her? It's not fair to mislead people like that."