Chapter 26: A Big Commotion

Start from the beginning

      With haste, Itadori scrambled to shut the door then joined Kugisaki on the floor as they sat in wait; expectant of a wild tale to fuel their effervescent imaginations that had been brimming with activity since meeting the elusive student earlier that day. Fushiguro, sitting on the edge of his bed, rested the weight of his head on his palms as his elbows pressed harshly into his thighs; he hoped the two would be gone as quickly as possible so he cut right to it.

"Haku Senpai is a second year here at Jujutsu High."

      Perhaps a bit too bare-boned in the details. The three sat in awkward silence as the two curious ones waited for any other words to fall out of Fushiguro's mouth, but he remained silent on the matter, having said his peace.

"That's it?" Kugisaki retorted, completely let down in all her hopes. "That's all you have to say on the subject?"

Fushiguro lifted his head as he gave her a desperately annoyed expression, "I don't know what you want to know!"

"Then tell us, are there other second year students?" She asked, leaning back to rest her weight in her hands.

Fushiguro nodded, "Well yeah— there's four more. Their class is the biggest class to ever exist here."

"Five is the biggest class?!" Itadori exclaimed, quite in disbelief of such an astoundingly low number.

"Have you seen the work we do here? Life expectancy isn't the highest either if you haven't noticed," Fushiguro remarked, leaning heavily into smart-ass territory now that he's growing more and more tired.

Equally sassy, Kugisaki had a ready and genuine response to anything, "Then why haven't we seen any other second years?"

"Three of them are on a joint mission together in Kawaguchi and won't be back until August or September. Okkotsu Senpai is overseas training in Africa; no one knows when he'll return," he stated, fiddling with his hands. He made a sneaky glance to the door before lowering his voice ever so slightly that the two inside might not have noticed, "Even Haku Senpai just got back after being gone for six months on a mission."

"Six months?!" Itadori and Kugisaki shouted in unison, needing to once again be silenced by Fushiguro.

Once the room had quieted, he continued, "Yeah— something about a mafia gang and drugs." He said all too nonchalantly as if it was just another normal topic of conversation.

Practically radiating excitement and wonder, Itadori gazed with star-laced eyes as he clutched his fists tightly unable to contain himself, "That's so cool! When are we gonna get missions like that?! Spy shit!"

"Never," Fushiguro was quick to halt all unnecessary daydreaming. "Namie, Kohaku is one of five certified Special Grade Sorcerers; another is Okkotsu, Yuta. That means those two receive missions of risk similar to today, but they can actually complete them alone and don't need rescuing."

"So that means those two are like super-crazy strong?!" Unable to dull his joy, Itadori found something new to be fascinated with.

"I've heard when they're together, there is no greater duo," Fushiguro lightheartedly indulged in Itadori's curiosity. "Like day needs night, yin needs yang; one can't exist without the other. They were inseparable, from stories I was told, and wreaked quite the chaos."

"So who do you think is stronger?!" Itadori blurted out, highly desperate to know every last detail of their mysterious upperclassmen.