73 | watching scary movies

Start from the beginning

Everything in Mikasa's body shut down as the whole color palette of the scene turned to an ugly, emergency red color. She had her mouth trembling, saying nonsense things...

The pressure hose came out and started spraying. Once it did, she loosened a little. Okay, a pressure hose. Nothing that scary.

Then people started to actually fall and faint and...

"Y/N," Mikasa squeezed you like a lemon. "This is really scary. If you want, I can turn it off."

You shook your head with a hesitant no. As bizarre as the scene was, it was intriguing. It kept you hooked, and you seriously couldn't stop looking at it.

Buzz went the microphone in the movie. You looked to Mikasa, who was practically about to die from shock and fear combined. "Y/N!" She called one last time, burying her head into your neck. "I didn't know it was going to be this scary," she murmured.

"I mean, I didn't either," you replied, patting her head. You would never thought you would see the day when Mikasa would be cuddling up to you for safety, but it was a good twist of things.

Armin:

Armin was a movie fanatic. Not necessarily a horror one, but he was ready for any sort of jumpscare that would be coming his way. Of course, with his trusty cross in hand and a bottle of water to stop him from sweating.

"Here it is," he said, a smile on his face. "This is a really iconic scene, Y/N. Pay attention. It'll be good." From the way he was shaking, you could tell that it was the truth.

"Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in..." Jack smiled on the screen, sending a shiver down your spine. But not Armin's. Instead of his fear growing, his smile grew as he was ready for the iconic line to come. And even though it was your first time watching the movie with him, you already recognized the scene - though your fear wasn't quenched by that alone.

"Get ready," Armin said, his smile so big it went from ear to ear.

Your heartbeat stopped as Jack swung his way through the door, his axe chopping at it as well as your heart.

A few seconds passed with Jack chopping and Wendy screaming her heart out for dear life, and the two of you went silent. No more excited words from Armin, just his eyes glued to the screen. Watching. Waiting. Blinking.

"Here's Johnny!"

Armin flipped out of his seat and tossed his cross out in front of his face like he had only just sat down on a pile of tacks. His mouth flew open, first in shock, and then in pure awe of the acting.

It scared you more than it did the actual scene, and you practically summersaulted on the couch as Armin started to clap. "That was peak horror! Amazing!"

Levi:

At first, it was no big deal. Levi thought he could take on horror movies like a total champ, claiming to have read most of Stephen King's novels and calling them child's play. This movie wasn't even Stephen King, though, and his pride was starting to fade...

The flies buzzing in the scene only added to his paranoia, along with the flickering of dim candles in the attic and the missing body. He was starting to squint at the screen, and you could see him straightening his lips out in hopes that he would survive this without flinching.

"Oh no," he mumbled to himself, probably to keep the anxiety at bay, "he needs to get away from all those flies."

The camera panned to Peter's head, the flies only getting louder as well as the thumping of your heart.